Sanctum Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New In Town [OPEN]

2 posters

Go down

New In Town [OPEN] Empty New In Town [OPEN]

Post by KraagenLariis Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:00 am

You traverse one side of the 'verse to the next and you begin to see some common denominators to everyday existence, regardless of the planet, colony, station or empire. For starters, credits were a universal language to the civilised folk. And where credits flowed, the truly powerful never could afford a conscience. And the rest?

Well, they could afford a pint, for starters.

Kraagen entered The Lowborn by ducking his head, slightly, the T-shaped helmet a familiar weight atop his head. Metal scraped against the floor, hydraulics whirring lightly from the prosthetic legs that began above the knees and ran the rest of the way down, feet and all. They were of a sturdy make, well plated and with good reason, it seemed, judging by the nicks and dents on the battered limbs. Still ,judging by their heavy footfalls, they seemed like they would be more painful to be on the receiving end than to be standing on them. The armor wrapped about his torso, beneath a heavy and tattered longcoat seemed as worn as the legs, though clearly it seemed to have served him just as well.

Slowly, the tall mechanical man made his way passed patrons, shifting the strap of the old rifle on his shoulders, his pistols a familiar weight on each hip before he made his way to the bar to ask for a pint, his voice coming out as a droning mechanical buzz. The helmet gave a hiss of air as he removed it from his head, tucking the particular piece of armor beneath his arm so he could collect the drink with a nod and place a few credit chits on the counter.

With the same slow, yet ground eating pace, Kraagen made his way towards the one thing that warranted attention more than a cozy seat: a particular board along one of the walls, work postings listed all about them. He was still torso, shoulders and shaved head taller than the rest, barely paying any of the few others attention. Not that a scowl from the scarred, grim looking bounty hunter would have been anything less than pleasant.

The only thing worse would have been a smile, no doubt. He perused the listings, making a grumbling noise while he sipped the pale drink, licking the foam from his cracked lips.
KraagenLariis
KraagenLariis
nooblin
nooblin

Back to top Go down

New In Town [OPEN] Empty Re: New In Town [OPEN]

Post by Sparrow Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:49 am

Sparrow hadn't the faintest clue why she was drawn to such a place. She didn’t much like people, although thankfully there were precious few currently patronizing The Lowborn. What she preferred was remote nature in extremes— the crests of snowcapped mountains, active volcanoes, forests and more. So long as she could feel the metal in the ground and the electromagnetic patterns around the entire world.

Currently, the woman pegged correctly by more than a few (Including Goliath who occasionally shot a glance her way from behind the bar. She’d been present the night Vann had dragged her infected form upstairs to a rented room and been incorrectly clocked as some sort of malevolent fetishist— he’d been looking for somewhere to attend to her injuries and had done only that as well) as being antisocial if not downright hostile had found a booth on the highest steppe in the establishment; tucked into a corner booth and peering out of the window at the throngs below. The weather was cooling down and more moneyed patrons could be seen milling about the market from all around the world.

Sparrow thought their hedonism despicable; their attachment to comfort nothing more than a vice and lusting for it suffocated the soul. Or, perhaps, she simply envied them as she hadnt been comfortable ever in her life. Hers was a hard existence.

She ‘smelled’ the various elements that made up his form before the stranger actually entered. Nothing about his make was shocking or alien to her— there were others with such advancements in the world considering the last few centuries had involved visitors from elsewhere in the void and stars. Perhaps the planet had let loose some sort of imperceptible beacon that attracted them all? One of the most forward in their machines was ‘Celesin’...could he have been one of those sky people?

The ferromancer herself was swimming in some sort of dirty cowl that looked more at home on a monk; a wideset hood obscuring uptilted eyes in carnelian, deep olive skin and messily shorn, very short hair in a strange shade of ash and taupe.  Sparrow wasn’t precisely beautiful either, she had sharp features with a certain severity to them even if symmetrical and her mouth was obviously used to frowning or a set jaw. Brows which always seemed a little knit completed the ensemble. Goliath, frankly, was put off by the woman and couldn’t stand her. Her damage was obvious but came without clues toward its cause or structure. At least she always seemed to have a wealth of coin for the drink and food?

Shamelessly, Sparrow eyed the man as he perused the job board but would snort and let her eyes tumble about their sockets if he snapped his head in her direction. He must not have known work was a bit harder to come by these days thanks to the international tension currently on the rise. Whispers of war coming over the horizon were very prevalent. Some say it would come from the people in their sky cities for they wanted absolute jurisdiction over the Sanctum-side societies. Others mentioned the Black Sun Empire; a place where most dreamed of moving to once they “Retired” and even boasted about learning a few of the respective continental languages.

More lust and fantasies of comfort.

Irritation must have gotten the woman keyed up as several pieces of cutlery on her lonely tier would flee from the tops of thick, varnished wooden tables and chase their way over  the woman before affixing themselves to her leg and side as if possessed.

’Not here…’ she grunted; looking powerfully bothered before placing her palms down on her own wood-top, closing her eyes and sitting up straight as if attempting meditation. Several deliberate, strictly timed breaths later and the silverware would tumble from her body onto the ground. Goliath could be heard cursing at the not-so-distant main bar. She knew the sound and it meant she had to go all the way up to the elevated booth section and pick up a load of cutlery because the strange woman who never thanked her for anything, spoke or did fuckall but frown had made another mess. The barkeep had no idea how she did it— simultaneously sweeping all the tables free of metal eating sticks, forks, spoons, personal soup ladles and knives, but, she understood it to be extremely annoying.

The new entry would likely observe the woman stomping up to the mostly empty tier and beginning to pick up the mess before grumbling at Sparrow. Something about being close to begging her to play her kinky pranks out at some other bar because clearly, she got off on silverware and being an imp. In return, she’d only receive the barest shaking of Sparrow’s head and her eyes returning to stare out of the window.
Sparrow
Sparrow
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by KraagenLariis Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:10 pm

Mechanical clicks came from the implanted lenses in his eyes, taking photos of the more promising notes upon the board, the data popping up in his vision's heads-up display. He shouldered his rifle once more before turning around, noting a small but persistent sensation, a pull more like. The clattering of utensils caught his attention as they fled in the direction of one particular booth and the cowled patron within.

Kraagen frowned, feeling the literal attraction towards the figure's direction as the rather frustrated barkeep began her silent tirade in the cowled figure's direction. Before too long, the echoing clatter of rogue silverware reached his ears and he slowly walked over to place his mug on a nearby table, picking up a few errant utensils before handing them over to the grumbling barkeep without a word.

Once she was gone, he fixed Sparrow with a curious expression, his actual voice almost as rough and mechanical as the one that came through the helmet.

"Seems not everyone finds that trick amusing," the bounty hunter said, canting his head slightly. His eyes were illuminated from within, it appeared, rotating and shifting endlessly. "Latent ability?"
KraagenLariis
KraagenLariis
nooblin
nooblin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrow Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:09 am

With someone like the jobseeker in the establishment, Sparrow could feel every inch of marrow in her bones aching with the need to exert some form of dominion over him— or rather, his body. Ambient attraction of all metal elements amongst other strange talents involving ferrokinesis and metallogenisis and even electromagnetism made for a strange existence so far for the woman. She was hostile as she posed such a significant danger to the common man that she walked her unnaturally long life alone...save for when she got whistful and figured calmer times meant she could walk amongst the throngs.

Lately, while she hadn’t wanted to interact at all she was enjoying calmer and more controlled times as her power replenished itself by pulling directly , albeit slowly, from the planet’s magnetosphere along with its core. She was an attracting halfway point between two forces riding the wave until she felt something like herself again. Until of course,a little agitation sents forks and spoons flying and sticking to her and a metal man chose to make her acquaintance.

Sparrow stared at him for a long, drawn out stretch of time with a look that suggested he was stupid or delirious. Then, she realized there was no way for him to fully understand unless she told the man. The metal man. The fellow who’s body she could smell wanting to be slaved to her preternatural whims right down to what percentage of metal he waas versus anything biological.

’Friend….’ she began; shaking her head and her features relaxing with a touch of acceptance. She had a voice that belonged to someone far daintier, fetching, maybe even cleaner. ’You are the absolute last figure in this town who should be anywhere near me. It is not simply a latent talent. I am it. It is every part of me.’ Which she understood likely sounded cryptic and would make him curious. She could have controlled his body like a marionette if she wanted or drew him into the air and broiled the metal with electromagnetic heat. He would have had no defense. And all that danger Sparrow presented to the metal man? He likely hadn’t a clue. But laying it all out for him would have been just as unwise.

People like Sparrow tended to have enormous bounties on their heads. She was still worth a fortune….he’d been looking at the head hunter bulletins as well as if his entire presentation didn’t make his occupation obvious. And if somebody had sent him for her they wanted him gone a whole lot more than they wanted her bounty fulfilled. If the Tin Man could sense electromagnetism he would easily be able to tell that Sparrow was an absurdly powerful zero point— his means of communication outside of his voice, should he have any, being completely frazzled in her presence.

What spawned such a creature?

’I don’t...want you to confuse me for being coy, either,’ And, she had an accent that suggested some form of haughty, high class vocal training and a crisp accent. On a frowning vagrant? ’A wise man of your make, Tin Man, would have gotten himself quite far from this hovel as soon as he’d seen such an unplanned parlor trick.’
Sparrow
Sparrow
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by KraagenLariis Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:47 pm

"Wise man acts on knowledge. And now that he knows what you can do, I'm sure he'd rather enjoy his drink in peace, Sparrow." Kraagen replied slowly, sipping his drink before offering the woman a nod of his head. Those feet made distinct footfalls that were far from silent as he turned and made his way across the bar.

"And for the record, it sounded more cryptic than coy. Been a while since someone was coy with me, but I think I'd still recognise it if I saw it. And frankly, I'm not flashing enough credits for anyone to want to be coy with me in any case," the man continued, speaking louder so his grating voice could carry to her ears. There had been a moment of recognition in his eyes though, or at least, suspicion. It remained unseen as to whether his guess as to her identity had been, based on bounties on the extranet. His body language screamed disinterest as he walked away.

He simply hoped she wasn't the type to crush tin cans and ask questions never.
KraagenLariis
KraagenLariis
nooblin
nooblin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrow Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:03 pm

The woman did spend a stretch of time looking more at the parts of his body relevant to her talents than she did his face or eyes. She could smell each type of metal element and annoy that comprised him down to percentage. Not that she had any reason to file away such information, but, it was what fascinated her in the end. The subconscious chose and her eyes followed suit.

’I don’t see how I was being cryptic…,’she’d grumble in tandem with her trademark frown. He spoke of it being some time before anyone was coy with him and she had to admit that aside from Vann it has been just as much time before someone hadn’t been hostile with her. And to think Sparrow could hardly seem to turn the rush of her grating personality off herself— but at least she was civil. ’I had thought it was plain.’And as he had already confessed himself a ‘Wise Man’, she would not react unfavorably to his obvious recognition of her.

’Well? How much do they offer for me now? I can only wonder if the crimes are those that are true, or, if the agencies are still appending plenty of false allegations to my name so they can get the head hunters salivating for a true risk.’ The ferromancer rolled her eyes and nursed her own drink and then paused; a brown hand rising to summon one of the shabby bar servers over. ’More of the stuffed and roasted squid, smoked salmon pastiche. Olives and pita. More rum, crush mint and cane sugar in it. Bring my acquaintance another of what he holds.’ Kraagen would get a lazy gesture in his direction.

They’d question nothing even if the woman did resemble a vagabond. The clothes she wore were not in terrible shape and made of expensive and sturdy fabrics but, today, they were a touch filthy. Regardless, Sparrow didn’t look like she could afford endless hot meals and drinks in The Lowborn and yet her irritating and messy tics hadn’t gotten her thrown out.

A ferrokinetic would always have an endless supply of coins. Either she was creating them, or, she didn’t have to extend much effort to simply reach around the market and transfer them for goods and services. Goliath understood very well that the woman was good money and it wouldnt hurt to keep her around.

’There. Now I have spent money on a Wise Tin Man. Indulge me. What am I worth these days?’ What was the harm in it? He understood he couldn't harm her and Sparrow didn't look to be teetering on the edge of harming him in return.
Sparrow
Sparrow
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by KraagenLariis Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:10 pm

The bounty hunter found a booth to planet himself in, some safe distance from her, or at least, as safe as he could manage given the building. She did get a thankful nod in return for the drink paid his way, which he took. For a while, he simply watched some of the data displayed on his contact lenses, metallic fingers twitching as he accessed this or that. It may have been unsettling that he hardly moved or blinked until she spoke up again.

The scarred bounty hunter smirked, the expression dry.

"Worth? Not the trouble you'd give me, that's certain. But as to an honest answer? Depends on the sector and the veracity of your crimes. Let's see...ten thousand here. Fifteen there. Forty-six? Huh...That's impressive. Reminds me of my trip to Virmiyr," he chuckled to himself, shaking his head. "False allegations or no, you've been a busy woman it seems. Indulged?"

Those illuminated eyes flickered her way, his head canting slightly, his words still buzzing in the air.
KraagenLariis
KraagenLariis
nooblin
nooblin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrow Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:26 pm

It was completely understandable why he’d want to be as far away from her as possible. Not that it would help the headhunter if things got ugly, but, Sparrow was used to people avoiding her. She wouldn’t even frown at him for it.

’The prices have dropped some, I think. Times have been calmer lately I suppose.’  Except when he rattled off the forty-six thousand price and both her eyebrows ticked upward; a head shake and a harrumph weren’t close behind. Especially when he said she’d been “busy”.

Now, Sparrow didn’t think of herself as evil or a bad person. She simply was prone to defending herself against civilian, politician, the rich, poor, constables or military alike— and with ugly, terrible violence. Many people had met their end for trying one thing or another with her and there were also more than a few undeserved accidents where people had made stupid mistakes and gotten themselves rendered into ground meat and tallow. It was stupid to stick your hand in a monstrous metal construct to get your money back. Did they not think? Maybe if they didn’t think, they deserved the death in the end…

’I suppose that’s one way of putting it. I’ve gotten on the bad side a lot of people. But trust I am not some monster killing for sport or eros and wearing people’s skin while dancing around a fire,’ Sparrow’s food arrived; carried in the arms of a willow thin serving girl with tightly curled hair and darker skin than her customer’s. She was one of the rare, remaining continental natives of the market— and indigenous woman. Beautiful, or would be if she wasn’t looking at Sparrow as if she might burst into flames. Maybe her subject matter had disturbed her. ’I simply...want to be left alone. I walk the world. And yes, I’ve come to learn people like me do not get left alone. We’re too useful to some, too dangerous to others.’

The woman was so acclimated to her natural inclinations that she would, after sitting up a bit straighter to look down at the delicious, steaming food— simply raised her hands and let a fork and table knife glide into her vicinity from another table. Sparrow didn’t even bother holding them; she only watched for a moment to concentrate on making the utensils dance and cut up her food into bite sized chunks. Fragrant sausage, rice, spice and calamari were delicately delivered into her mouth.

’This is what I’d rather have,’ she’d say; seizing a canvas napkin to wipe her mouth and taking a drink of her sweetened rum. ’Peace, quiet, good food. But I made too many mistakes. Now, tell me...how does a Wise Man become a Tin Man? What became of all that flesh?’
Sparrow
Sparrow
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by KraagenLariis Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:35 pm

"Oh, you aren't wearing the flesh of your foes? Here I was thinking you'd bested a bolt of cloth, " he replied almost amicably, sipping his drink as her food was brought to her. Those electric eyes regarding the serving girl with cold calculus instead of the adoration of the native woman's physique and beauty.

"But otherwise, that would be the truth, wouldn't it, Sparrow? Everyone's a piece on someone's board."

The display of ferromantic power did amuse him for the moment. Better the display of fine dining than what the same utensils could be doing to a person unable to move, he wagered. There was a snort from his direction and a tugging at the corner of his mouth.

"Wisdom has a price. Live and learn. The rest of the flesh is having some peace and quiet of it's own while the rest of it works. Haven't made enough mistakes to be a foolish man. Yet."
KraagenLariis
KraagenLariis
nooblin
nooblin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrow Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:50 pm

’I suppose I could mimic some sort of combat based textile press…’ she’d say in a deadpan tone. The dancing utensils ferried another bite of the food into her mouth as the woman laced her fingers over her belly. It was likely the laziest display of power imaginable. After a few more bites she used the fork and knife to push the plate aside. The leftovers would, as usual, be delivered to the modest room above the establishment that she had rented. Ever since Vann…

’Exactly. I had once used to say I wasn’t, that I was special. I understood in time that it wasn’t about what I had assumed— it was about who chose to consider me a piece and enter me into their little reindeer games. There simply isn’t a way to avoid it if anyone in life has heard your name.’ A small snort. This was a bit of a sore spot for Sparrow. Many people didn’t have to die at her hands.

But they just kept trying for her.

’Speaking of names, mine must have come with the prices I asked about. It would be rude not to offer yours in exchange. Obviously, I don’t intend to take a kick or two at you,’ Sparrow turned her body to the side in the booth seat and put one bent leg on the cushion while the other dangled to the floor. ’And I confess you’re over my understanding with that last bit. Speaking of being cryptic.’ He’d communicated that his flesh was on vacation or...something. Suddenly, she was inspired with another question. Someone who wasn’t taking her head off was easy enough to bounce things off of that had been bothering her, right?

’Do you have any children?’
Sparrow
Sparrow
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by KraagenLariis Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:01 am

For the most part, Kraagen simply nodded along, though he dry humour earned a chuckle from him that sounded little more than a metallic cough. He smiled, realising he'd played the cryptic himself and nodded to her.

"I suppose my gratitude to not being turned into a new cutlery set could extend to giving you my name. Kraagen Lariis." It remained to be seen if his prowess had reached this sector, but frankly, he was far from vain or proud. He had credits still, and a functioning ship. He was a happy man. But the mention of children earned a riot of laughter from him.

The bounty hunter shook his head and smiled wolfishly, teeth bared.

"No. I'm not that much of a sentimentalist. What brings up that question from the ether?" The cyborg took a long pull of his drink.
KraagenLariis
KraagenLariis
nooblin
nooblin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrow Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:16 am

She noted the smile— ah, he was entertained. Another something no one had paid her for some time. Sparrow wasn’t awkward by any means, just guarded to a violent degree. When one was kind to her she could be alright company. As long as nothing made her tense.

’Kraagen Lariis,’ she’d say as if tasting the name. ’Doesn’t sound native to any of the many languages and dialects I know. But you don’t have the look of the planetary native. Obviously. There are many people from the skies coming here, these days. Some bringing entire empires with them.’ she spoke, of course, of the Threat from the Sky. People all over whispered about the Celesin and their emperor Mesiphidon who was making a slow, steady and unavoidable claim on the world. Join and reap the benefits or be bowled over and grandfathered in anyway seemed to be the name of the game.

Kraagen’s smile was noted as she gave him a long, calculating look.

’Only curious. I’ve had them. The best gift I ever gave them was to be far, far away from them and their normal little lives,’ one where she dampened their power from afar to keep eyes from them and also to stave off the fear they might one day become anything like her. ’As said, I’ve made mistakes.’ Sparrow shrugged, suddenly sat upright and ‘normal’ again before seizing her drink and finishing it off. She did enjoy alcohol but it would take enormous amounts to get her inebriated as her body was metaphysically efficient in neutralizing all toxins. Considering, of course, it was capable of forming them.

’They say children are what give adults goals and a reason to strive. Lots of head hunters out there with children, surprisingly. Seems more prudent to take a booth in the market and hawk baubles on leather strings.’ The serving girl came around again and brought Sparrow another tumbler of rum.

’So. Mister Kraagen...Lariis,’ The fresher drink was consulted before she went on. ’What would I need to pay you for information. A simple direction to head in whence I could avoid your, ah...coworkers? Where one hunter is, ten more can be found looking for an opportunity. Especially if said hunter is more accomplished.’ And most bounty men kept tabs on the others in their profession or so she had learned. It kept the marks secure and reduced the possibility of backstabbing and personal coups.
Sparrow
Sparrow
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by KraagenLariis Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:26 am

Kraagen chuffed a laugh as he reclined a little more.

"And here I thought my ship may have given me away from not being a native," he replied before shaking his head. "Children in my line of work mean leverage. Best gift I could give them is simply not siring them. Having them provides a purpose or direction to some. I see people to be exploited. I am not one who particularly enjoys that thought. I'm sure you understand."

An eyebrow was quirked at her address to him and he gave a light shrug. "I can offer some advice for that. After all, I'm not inclined to make my way onto your shitlist, Sparrow. I can make a few inquiries in general and charter my course to somewhere else. Exchange of favours, information and some credits never go amiss. I'll have answers first for you before I make a bid for a price." The tankard of alcohol was downed and he gave it an appreciative nod.

"I'll work in the cost of the drink, too. I'm a generous soul," he rasped with a crocodile smile.
KraagenLariis
KraagenLariis
nooblin
nooblin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrow Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:44 am

The woman nodded. He was right, after all. Children were always leverage. Thus, she was careful not to reveal any details about either of her daughters. It wasnt as if she knew where they were or had seen them since infancy, anyway.

’Wish I had thought of that before. But young, dumb, in love. And she was beautiful.’ Now, that could cause a great many assumptions. Was Sparrow a woman of different plumbling, only presenting as one, or, door number three— had she been the one to carry both to term? Shockingly, it was the last option. Sparrow lost herself in thoughts of the woman who’d ripped her heart and select other organs out a long, long time ago. Just another something to leave her bitter.

Now, Kraagen was giving her one of those money hungry smiles and quips which only earned a scoff in return along with a shrug.

’All bountymen know how to make an exchange for value to credit or coin. Money is not an object for me.’ And to punctuate that, one of the solid metal utensils zipped from the tabletop and in his direction— it would have looked like an attack if it hadn’t stopped some two meters short from making Mister Lariis a target. Without any pause or pomp the object would glow orange, red and then white hot as it rattled while floating in mid air. A plink sounded as the suddenly molten splash hit the wooden floor. In any other scenario it may have immediately set the wood on fire and burned through, but, instead it rapidly cooled and left an ashen print behind.

Just after the metal collapsed into a shining silver orb of a slightly milky quality, that is.

’Pure Rhodium. And...I should have given you platinum, palladium or maybe just gold. I fear I’m a bit more elementally minded than appropriate. You find the right dealers, and there are plenty in the market, that is more than enough. None of what I named is nearly as valuable.'
Sparrow
Sparrow
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by KraagenLariis Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:59 am

Kraagen nodded sagely.

"Beautiful women wouldn't be the first to be the downfall of any individual. Here's to beautiful mistakes then," he said, raising his tankard when the metal raced his way. There was a tenseness in his body but he didn't flinch or move until the metal cooled down and the metal collapsed into the small form before him. Gingerly, metallic fingers plucked it up.

"I've sold more important information for less," he said, equally amused as he was content with the trade. Lights flashed in his eyes as his fingers twitched. "You have...one licensed hunter tracking you for the ten thousand. Desperate, I'd wager. Especially if he doesn't know about the higher bounty. Idiot's on the other side of the globe. Of the two others..."

The tall fellow looked to the waitress and made a writing motion with his hand so she could fetch him something to scribble down on and with. A few coordinates, planet names and bounty hunters were written upon a napkin, along with ship names and estimated arrival times before he'd motion to have it handed over to Sparrow.

"That's at short notice. Still around in the morning and I can have you something more comprehensive."
KraagenLariis
KraagenLariis
nooblin
nooblin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrow Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:12 am

The serving girl had watched the transformation of the utensil to something that was obviously valuable with awe. Later, she’d likely bypass Goliath (currently in the kitchens and unaware of all happenings) and tell the owners of the place what happened. Shortly after that Sparrow may or may not be visited by some ill intentioned ne'er do wells with wooden weapons and the like. Maybe glass as one clever little brave one had figured out. Time would tell.

Sparrow rose from her booth and adjusted her clothing. She was feeling something like a walk and upon that walk she would likely seek information in the forms of eavesdropping on the conversations of rich tourists and dignitaries, observing lovely paintings and daguerreotype style prints from around the globe and even merchants who would tell her where this or that had come from in hopes of dazzling her to buy something. She often would and then would deposit the item into the hands of a street child shortly after getting what she really needed: a place to go and a nice picture of what it might have to offer.

Said serving girl from earlier would nearly bowl the woman over while rushing to the bountyhunter’s side as he wrote down the offered information. Once he was done he wouldn’t need to have it ferried to her as she was at his side already to reach for it on her own. With her drab hood pulled over short hair and obscuring her eyes Sparrow would not look very interesting or well monied. Just another mysterious woman...maybe a merchant herself. Certainly nothing that would pull the eye to her.

’That would be very kind of you. I do not plan to dispatch any of the hunters if that is your concern. I only mean to be quite far from them.’ The keyword was plan. If they came for her, they had another thing coming— as usual. Long, tapered fingers reached for the napkin and looked it over for a moment before she’d shove it into some internal pocket. ’Tenacious, bothersome people. Tch. I will return here at dawn and wait as long as I need to. Feel free to enjoy something more on my tab.’

With that, Sparrow would leave him. He would be able to see her amble down the white stone roads through the Lowborn’s somewhat warped windows. The sun was setting and the market was still thriving, so, she would be lost in the throngs.
Sparrow
Sparrow
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down