Sanctum Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

War Tools Personae

Go down

War Tools Personae Empty War Tools Personae

Post by Drustan Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:53 am

A steaming mass of muscle stood amidst of sea of smoldering debris and flames, knee deep in a wealth of protruding heaps of twisted metal.  He was enclosed within a room—a massive room longer and wider than tall, but sufficient to roof the murderous automatons of the cosmic android’s creation and the brooding, hybrid pugilist that stood amidst at the center of the wreckage.   The room was painted in the fiery color of the flames—angry pyres eating away at their super-efficient fuel source.  Those same flames were reflected in the crimson irises of the man who had started them.  All seemed to take on the hot properties of the fires started at the conclusion of what had been a rather epic and one-sided battle, but little challenged the golden shine of the translucent gauntlet hugging Drustan’s large hand and thick forearm.  The gauntleted hand was risen to bring the glowing piece of equipment closer to the Primoris’ face, and examined thereafter with a surgeon’s indifferent scrutiny.  He visualized himself wielding the weaponized armoring in future battles against fleshier opponents, and for a moment was lost in a fantasy.

The smoke of the battered battle machines dancing towards the ceiling filtered into large vents that quickly pulled smoke from the room; in nearly the same breath, additional portal opened in the roof to dispense a cooling fog—it was chilly and nearly as difficult to see through as the black smoke, but as of then far more welcomed to the Primoris’ nostrils as he broke from his reverie and turned his head to look towards a wall where, through its reflective service, he knew the Mad Scientiest watched, and suspected she was savoring the unveiled fruits of her labor.  With a thought, the glowing gauntlet began to dull, and soon it appeared as a mercurial, mechanical glove with a questionable hardness as it began to drip from his arm and take places at his shins, hips, shoulders, and forearms.  Vambraces, shin guards, basic looking pauldrons, and nonthreatening metal flaps at his hips that in combination with his Celesin combat vest and cloak would provide ample and useful protection despite the naturally ample resilience of his body.   Just as well, Tristam (a name now decidedly a less formal eponym of the somewhat more draconian ‘Drustan’) didn’t imagine that anyone would presume his armor had been weaponized to the degree that it had—certainly no more than the man that originally occupied the Ignis position, but unquestionably different.

As the radiating metals cooled and the smoke ventilation system finished its work, other mechanisms came into place to correctly the unsightly image of the scrap-metal graveyard.  Drustan was sufficiently occupied thinking about the applications of the weapon at his disposal—ruminating like an angry old man over a frustrating piece of literature.  He searched for words to describe his satisfaction.  The feel of the weapon—its potential and all the trappings seemed otherworldly—appropriate for the limitless genius that had manufactured it.  Though that intellect was understood to be artificial, it was nevertheless one of Celesin’s most powerful assets, and Drustan put it to work with inspiring results.  Eventually he began to move towards the large mirror and where he remembered an entrance to be, debating how long he’d have the patience to wait if one didn’t appear for him and how easily he could smash through a wall with the tool currently in his possession.  “It’ll need a name,” he said to the dwarf King with the presumption that she’d heard him behind her wall.
Drustan
Drustan
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Alignment : Celesin Imperium

Back to top Go down

War Tools Personae Empty Re: War Tools Personae

Post by Drustan Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:20 am

The Primoris’ crimson eyed scrutiny settled on the bite-sized King; and, after stepping into the observatory, moved stood before her, only to regard her with what he considered a respectful mien.  “You did well,” he complimented, finding some way to make even praise seem lackluster.  Despite his flat affect, he was truly impressed with the King’s work.  From the size of her subterranean-laboratory to the grandiose scale of her ship building, the little genius King was in many ways unbelievably gifted.  Even with all that rested heavily on her plate, she carried herself with no less enthusiasm, and found time to complete Drustan’s order.  Conscripting her to work on a weapon for him was a decision the Primoris had approached with hesitation; concerned firstly that she might not have the time, and secondly that she might not be interested.  In the end, asking Konstantine for her assistance had proved exceptionally gainful, and the Primoris had no regrets.

“The second model,” he began again after finding a chair and taking a seat, ”is more stable, but it consumes a great deal of power.  Either my body will need to adept to the new strain, or this will have to be adjusted in version three.”  His arms lifted, and fingers began to unclasp the buckles of his combat vest.  The heavy plated armoring was lifted overhead and dropped at the Primoris’ feet with a heavy thud.  The Primoris’ lips began to part to continue spilling his sparse thoughts, but somewhat unexpectedly the King began upon one of her diatribes to which the Primoris actually listened.  He had spent a decade listening under Caden and others, and so it was hardly difficult to continue the behavior now.

Konstantine, however, stopped herself seemingly in remembrance of the Primoris’ preference for short conversations.  Her apology was appreciated, but unnecessary as far as he was concerned, and his expression remained hard despite it.  ”You’ve no need to apologize,” he offered in the same flat tone as he reached beside himself for a towel to wipe sweat from his bare chest, ”your thoughts are valuable, and you are not wrong.  Your work is of great value, and will be a boon to Celesin’s overall military might as well as my units efficiency.  For that, you’re services are greatly appreciated.  Concern yourself not with my comforts.  You’ve earned at least the right to speak freely around me…conditionally, of course.”  

Konstantine was offered a very brief, easily missed bend of the Primoris’ upper lip as a single corner pulled up into a miniscule smirk.  It was a sign that some semblance of a personality remained within the hardening carapace of the evolving Dra’sin soldier.  Where once the impression of a human existed, something more draconic stood in its place, and yet mingling with the punitive mechanics of his new embryonic draconian-self, the person Drustan had always been still remained—that was the personable, courteous, and sincere person Caden had raised.  But just as quickly as the smirk had surfaced it disappeared, and the fiery irises within the Primoris’ skull refocused on the small King as she reviewed his suggestion of a name.

”I would like you to continue tests and fine tuning.  When I do take this weapon out into the field I want it to work flawlessly.  Just as well, I require more practice.  With your permission, my presence here in your laboratory shall become more frequent.  I’ve made arrangements to have my assignments postponed for the time being.”  He draped his towel around his thick neck and stoop up again, hooking his thumbs behind the waist of his pants.  ”We’ll also defer naming to another date.  Perhaps with further work the name of your invention will become apparent to the both of us.”
Drustan
Drustan
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Alignment : Celesin Imperium

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum