Sanctum Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concerning Family

2 posters

Go down

Concerning Family Empty Concerning Family

Post by -Dorian Empire- Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:16 am

Had scented something a few days prior upon meeting with Jophiel. It wasn't something too off, it was actually almost expected to get that persons scent. Though not that quickly. Arcerion had moved along the walls searching for the Celesin people who worked under the Primoris Potentiae. The tall business man had found one eventually and asked simply that a note be passed along. A request to meet with their leader, as she'd been oddly out of the public eye. He'd requisitioned a meeting room at the Homestate Hall. Now he had found a large chair for his taller then average frame, and sat in his business clothes. Adjusting his tie while glancing from time to time at a clock on the wall. His guest wasn't expected for some time now, he had some time to work. Pulling out a small circular device it was placed upon the table, while the gem near his right ear was clicked on. A few sub-vocalized commands later and he was connected up with the local node which linked him too The Engine.

The circular device lit up the air with holographic imaging of documents that needed his attention. Swiping through them with quick precision he set his signature on some, and dismissed others for the committee to redraw up such plans. A few other problems needed his attention, mostly concerning his immigrants placement within Nexxian City. While they certainly weren't working the high-tier jobs that they used too. However the members of the Eighty-Sixth company were used to that. It was easier to conceal them that way.

"Keep up the good work Commander."

Arcerion would wait still, eventually the person he'd invited would enter. When they did, he would close down his things and greet them as was necessary for them. There were certain things that just needed to be done. Even if he was going around the usual decorum. Of course to make sure he had no unwanted visitors, he'd set up his bodyguards outside the doors. Those tall (even by his standards) muscular cloaked things. The only people they would let in would be the one who had been asked to come in. Or if someone really needed to speak with him, and had the proper clearances, like a family member. Past that, those beings would bar the door from someone else entering, even if it meant the destruction of their form.

-Dorian Empire-
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Concerning Family Empty Re: Concerning Family

Post by Daul Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:31 pm

Daul stared at the Alis who'd brought her the note. He had a lazy, cocky smile on his face while he handed it to her and she knew that the attitude was her fault. She'd hand selected them all and understood that her chosen qualities for militants came with pitfalls like puckishness, trouble with authority and a tendency to get a bit too comfortable around jer. The young man was a few inches shorter than she was and boasted short brown hair and downturned green eyes that stopped twinkling once he'd gotten a load of the Primoris's frigid stare and steel-set mouth. “I believe you were requested to assist lieutenant Caterin on the wall. Go.” she'd say; knowing she should have felt bad when his face nearly crumpled before heading off-- he hadn't been being cocky, he'd been nervous. Yet another promise to try and better interpret social cues and expressions was filed away as she unfolded the note and cocked a silver brow at it.

Several seconds passed before she folded it up and tossed it away; a somewhat more hostile expression on her face that a combination of curiosity and apprehensiveness. What exactly did Arcerion, the Exercion of the Dorian Empire want with her? Neither she nor her militants were here for his sake but she imagined this was going to be a waste of time, and, something unsavory might happen. Yes, Arcerion had been oh so well behaved for quite some time and the uneasy truce between he and her father still held steady. Thus, Daul tried to work the tension out of her jaw as she let her long stride carry her toward the requested meeting place and assumed all of the while that it might have been another attempt to build bridges. Why choose her, the least qualified for diplomacy among the Primoris? One could only guess.

It wouldn't be long before Arcerion would hear Daul entering; her expression turning briefly back toward the body guards with narrowed eyes before she stopped toward the center of the room and it's right anterior wall, next to the conference table and crossed her long, thick arms. “Well met, Arcerion...” she'd say; androgynous voice not exactly masculine or even easily mistaken as such, but, it had a bit of a rumble to it. Today, the Primoris did not wear her usual garb of the smart fabric cape and underarmor suit, but, a form hugging sleeveless top she'd no doubt had someone hunt down for her in some big and tall men's reserve  since anything meant for women could never fit her. Along with that the bottom half of standard issue high rank black BDUs meant for the Alis and tucked into boots. A bit of a different look along with her hair being pushed back from her face for once and leaving her sharp features naked and cold.

“I received a note from an Alis. You wished to speak to me?” her body language was somewhat easy to read: guarded, expectant, somewhat uneasy. At least she wasn't radiating hostility. Now that she'd engaged him she'd uncross her arms; palms doing to her narrow hips. Signaling: openness.

Last edited by Daul on Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Daul
Daul
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Alignment : Celesin Imperium

Back to top Go down

Post by -Dorian Empire- Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:32 pm

The bodyguards outside the door would give Daul only the briefest of glances, before they spoke in the long drawn out and low speech of their clan. A chuckle passing between them, before one would open up the door for Daul. Afterwards they went back to their at attention position. It was always good to know one worked with competent people. Even if competency had to be beaten into them.

Arcerion on the other hand would be closing up his documents and placing the gear back where it belonged in his lab coat. Standing from his seated position and readjusting the crimson tie he would wrinkle his nose, sniffing once or twice as if something in the air outside had displeased him. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a handkerchief and wiped the edge of his nose with it, before pocketing it. When she spoke he listened, it seemed that she'd learned quite the vocabulary compared to the last time they spoke, and he was certainly glad that he wouldn't be dealing with Fenris' this day either.

"Yes, good to see you're doing well. And quite punctual, how unexpected."

His laughter spoke of a not so well hidden joke. His own displeasure at waiting for months on end to be seen for a mere hour was well known in his own court, however he'd not stay upon past problems, especially when there were much bigger future problems to deal with.

"I'll be blunt with you. Your scent clings to my niece like sweat clings to a coward."

He would stop there and wait to see her reaction, his eyes were cold and unwavering, and fearless. He'd been humbled once by her kind, and that was all they would ever get from him. He wanted to know just what her intentions with Jophiel were after all. However he didn't need to say that, the simple rhythmic taping of his fingers against the wooden table would be the only answer from him that she would get until she explained herself. If she reacted as expected, (and they rarely did) she would either deny it, or confirm what he already knew to be true. He was curious to see just how she would react though.

-Dorian Empire-
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Daul Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:33 pm

Daul only set her lips a little tight at the laughing. Unlike some she'd been laughed at or stared at enough thanks to her height and gender that it hardly fazed her these days. Had they continued past that there may have been trouble but, thankfully, she'd come to a point in her life where such things could roll off of her back. It wasn't easy being a bit of a freak in many people's eyes but she managed. Quietly, she watched Arcerion wipe his nose, settle in and make a little quip about punctuality that she knew, of course, had to do with Mesiphidon and sitting on his request for an audience for so very, very long. Again, it wasn't her problem if the two rulers bad little daggers in their eyes for each other, so, Daul kept it cool. Until what he said after the joke actually made her eyes widen a bit and her arms dropped to her sides.

Well howdy-doody, someone had finally managed to surprise the Primoris Potentiae enough for her to react. She'd clear her throat, shake her head  and blew air through her lips. No longer was she 'cool' since she and Jophiel's secret could easily get back to the Emperor, her father, who was no fan of the Dorian empire and it's tall, spindly ruler...or his family. Not to mention Ailshyia.

Aside from the brief surprise she still had the cocksure ego of a Dra`sin and met his cold, unwavering gaze without trouble and a steady, sort of haughty defiance. Might as well tell him the truth.

"...Yes, your niece and I have seen each other's company quite a bit lately. She is a remarkable woman, if I might say. I do admire her quite a bit."

Straight to the point, no floundering, not many minced words. Her point, she hoped, was clear enough without blatantly saying something a bit too vulgar. But, she was being honest and not making an attempt to hide her feelings. She really liked Jophiel. Damn it to hell, but it was true.
Daul
Daul
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by -Dorian Empire- Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:34 pm

The look of surprise amused Arcerion, and here they'd all thought him to be quiet and complacent.  Then again those delusions had been shattered months ago with the announcement  at the ball.  Yet it seemed people still underestimated the Exercion Lord.  That suited him just fine, he liked to be underestimated.  Her gaze had the look of defiance, did she really want to defy him?  Things had a habit of going bad for people who betrayed his clan after all.  

"She was raised by Thargor, of course she's amazing."  Those words were spoken not as a side comment, but as a simple and unchangeable fact of the universe.  There was something almost paternally protective in his voice when that simple statement had been made.  He made towards a small concession stand he'd brought with him, taking a small  glass and pouring himself a rich dark red drink.  It smelled of fermented grapes, with a hint of copper.  He made the friendly motion to offer a drink to her of course, for her nerves.

"Truthfully I'm glad you're both getting along.  I'm also rather thrilled that for once in my life my kin have taken their advice as to who to take as a possible suitor.  The choice I offered was between you and your brother who works in town.  Both options have their pros and cons.  I'm glad that Jophiel decided to shy away from the low hanging fruit."  He raised his glass and took a light swig from the dark liquid swirling in it.  "As you may well know, my own spawn do not take after either me or their mothers, those first three were a waste of genetic material that would of been better spent in their respective mothers throats then their womb."  

-Dorian Empire-
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Daul Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:52 pm

Thargor, Thargor. She'd heard the name in court, from Jophiel and from words on the wind. But it wasn't a name that held much importance for her. Then again, she wasn't a Shuinsai, was she? Arcerion poured his drink while she considered who this Thargor might have been and how his parentage might have effecting Jophiel. Similar to her own adoptive situation under the doting eye of Mesiphidon or something completely different? She remembered the initial brutal introduction to the god emperor and it hadn't been gentle. He'd beaten her into submission-- then again, she had been practically feral after all. "I'm....sure." said Daul, scenting the air briefly and picking up on the obvious blood content in the wine he sampled. The Primoris Potentiae aggravated most of her peers by never imbibing, and, getting her to even taste something was like pulling teeth. Now he'd gone and offered her wine with body fluids in it?

In a move that surprised even her with it's impulsiveness...she accepted the offer and soon found herself with her nose hovering over the rim of her own glass within moments. Should there have been extra seats in the room she'd fold her long, broad frame into it once he spoke again as, now, she not only looked chagrined but confused.

"You're gl-.....suitor?" Now her eyes were really wide. The conversation had taken a turn for the weird and so abruptly that she was having trouble keeping up. One big hand went out toward Arcerion as if to say 'stop' as a little clarity was needed before continuing.

"A-are you offering me Jophiel's hand in marriage? You want her to marry into the Celesin empire? And I was one of your chosen?" Daul's golden-amber eyes showed the entire iris. Arcerion was just full of surprises, wasn't here? "You have done nothing to engineer our attraction to each other, I assume?" A brief flash of flame in her eyes-- it was a good question that anyone would ask. Otherwise, well, it was one big coincidence and already she managed to fret over the inevitable calamitous reaction from the emperor.

Daul closed her eyes, heaved a sigh and leaned back in the chair; one arm on the rest and the other holding the glass up to her mouth so she could down nearly half of the blood wine. What had she gotten herself into?

"...How long ago did you propose this to her?" Would be her final query and, this time, there was something foreign in her eyes that revealed how young she was when stacked up against both rulers for Dorian and Celesin and even Jophiel. Was she being played? Used? Fodder for political bridges to be built between the fiefdoms?

At the very least she wasn't pouting yet and her reaction made it plainly obvious that Jophiel wasn't just some winter fling. Daul's brows were knit; her eyes on the whatever material the floor had been adorned with and a slight red tint had bloomed onto her cheekbones.
Daul
Daul
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by -Dorian Empire- Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:26 am

Poured the second glass, swirling it around to make sure that both liquids were mixed properly. He couldn't go around being rude, though he'd be surprised if this particular blend was too her liking. The redwine was fermented and left to age to near perfection, It was sweet to the extreme, and the addition of the singular drop of distilled Bale's Blood lessened the sweetness. Making it more of a drink family may share around the holidays, which seemed to warm one up from the inside. Then again his wife's blood was rather caustic to most, thus having it distilled for this purpose. She responded to the comment concerning Jophiel's father as best as she could, the predatory smile that played on his lips could of been interpreted any number of ways. The fact that no one had drawn blade or claw on her now, probably meant it was a good thing.

She sat and then immedialy motioned him to stop, her words came streaming forth, and he would shake his head. "Something like this must be handled with delicacy, if I find the answer I'm seeking, from the both of you, yes I will work on arranging such things, and making sure that both of our families benefit."

He waited, hopefully that would allay her concerns for a moment, drinking his own drink and taking a seat with her. It was a measured distance, within arms reach, but not intimately close. Both of them would be within the others reach should a fight break out, so this was as much about trust, as it was anything else.

"You do undeerstand this isn't just about you. I'd be allowing one of your kind very intimate access to my own Empire. After all, until my own blood proves themselves, Jophiel is my Heir. You would be marrying into Dorian as she would be Celesin." And here he was with Brothers and Sisters that still hated their kind. He'd have to deal with the others, make them understand how important Jophiel's future could be for each and every one of them.

As far as arranging the attraction, well he wouldn't admit or deny anything. A good strategist never reeveals his secrets. He had other things on his mind though, and would speak once more

"If you stay trruthful to my girl, you'll have no problem from me."

-Dorian Empire-
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Daul Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:43 pm

About the wine? Daul didn't care- surely, there was a warm hum in her chest and belly that was somehow both uncomfortable and soothing at the same time, and, the Primoris figured that if she'd poured it into a gas tank any vehicle might not know the difference between it and petrol, but, she kept drinking it. It wasn't about being rude or not, but, trying to dull the awkward position she'd been trapped in.

"What answer are you seeking?" said the Dra`sin before putting her glass aside, bending at the waist and haunching over to run both of her large hands through her hair; sending the thick, coarse silver spiked in every direction while she groaned into the pit made by her elbows and knees. While Arcerion continued to speak it would be to the top of her head. Surely, it might make her come off as an overgrown teenager who's hand had been caught in the cookie jar and not the mighty, formidable Primoris legend. Once he was done speaking and even delivering a thinly vieled threat she'd at least raise her skull to address him again.

"I....would like to stay truthful to her if she would have me. I do wonder how much thought you've given this considering my father." Of course it wasn't Arcerion who'd get a right good thrashing for quite literally sleeping with the enemy--or at least former enemies. The worst he would get was a laugh and then something akin to "Hell no!", but, phrased in a much classier fashion from the Celesin emperor.

While waiting for an answer she killed the rest of the wine, situated her hand over her mouth and asked the obvious questions of herself: Was she ready to be detrothed to someone, just how would Mesiphidon take this...he'd already been cold and disappointed in her when it had come to Arsius, and, speaking of the mentioned woman and how that had ended could she trust herself to be less of a complete scumbag and not break Jophiel's heart? Oh yes, she did feel guilty about her scoundrel's affair with the Alis Ignis, but, that had been a first relationship and puppy love taken too far by a woman who'd started to suffocate her and backed her into a corner. There wasn't any way it could have gone well.

However, Jophiel was completely different-- and not in a way she was simply trying to sell herself on but in truthfulness. The instant attraction had been magnetic and more than skin deep and born of simple desire. As soon as she'd laid eyes on the Grand Duchess she hadn't been able to get the woman off of her mind. A cursory glance to Arcerion who hadn't answered her query about whether it had been his engineering or not, though, she doubted it. The Exercion had said he'd laid out multiple choices, hadn't he? And Sune'ere had been one?

Really, she assumed this answered her question since her brother nor anyone else Daul was aware of had fallen so hard and fast. But the green eyed monster still demanded blood-- yes, she was already insanely territorial about Jophiel. Even if Fenris himself had been named as a suitor she'd have knocked his block off for getting fresh with Duchess Shuinsai. Definitely not one of her more positive qualities. Nor Caden's for that matter, who boasted the same complexes when it came to Khooey.

"I suppose this calls for another audience with the emperor...doesn't it?" And in this case not one she'd let her father sit on for months. It was a bit like ripping off a band aid in her eyes.
Daul
Daul
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by -Dorian Empire- Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:59 pm

He could not help but laugh very openly, and without a bit of the nobility he may of once postured with. What she had first spoken in this round of banter had truely tickled the funny bone of the tall man. After a moment and letting emotions cool he would wipe away a bit of the tears of laughter that had formed on his angular face.

"Oh my you're a riot Daul. What Answers? I knew you were blunt, but this is unheard of. Like asking a teacher in the middle of your finals, what the best answer to the essay question is." No she would not know what answers that he was looking for, that should hardly concern her. Only the knowledge that he was looking for answers should concern her, because that meant there was a preferable way for this to go, maybe even one in which they all came out on top. Of course she was on the right course with speaking of her father, though he had other questions that needed to be answered.

"Let us shelve dear old dad for a moment, yes? Tell me, Celesin their men and women hold the same powers given their titles? Or would the Empress be powerless in this regard?" He had his own reasons for not wanting to go through Mesiphidon. He didn't doubt that he could get him to agree to it, quite the opposite. He knew all too well the way young hearts, especially in his family had a tendency to work and move, so he would prefer this not be shelved for a year or two. The Empress on the other hand, had a minor connection to him. He felt he may be able to use that to his advantage, at least as far as gaining her attention went.

He refilled his glass as he finished his own, standing and moving about, motioning to see if she wanted more, she seemed almost alive to him. Or at least in comparison to the stoic wall he'd spoken with months past. He could see what his Niece saw in her. Well to an extent. "You say you'd be truthful, I'd expect such from her and you, after all as much as you may wish it to be, people in your positions cannot simply play house whenever they so wish. There are..." He took a sip, pondered the next word and made sure it held the exact amount of force and weight that it needed too in this situation. "...Consequences."

He tried his best to smile to allay any worries that the Primoris may have. Though she and her kind may be great in martial combat, she had now entered his own court. He was a social creature by genetics, there were little and few who could match him and the way he made words weigh so much, to cause suspicion and allay doubts. He was doing his damnedest to make sure Daul understood that he wanted this too go through. After all in this case, he was on their side, wasn't he?

"I'll have to go over a few offers, and be prepared for counter offers of course. Not from other suitors of course, but there is little and no way your father would approve of my first offer. The bad blood may of settled, but the coppery smell is still in the air, as much as I desire it not to be." He wrung his hands in front of him, feigning worry of the days too come. In truth he knew what he wanted, and wanted to see if he could get away with much and more. "Certain gifts will have to be exchanged, between families and empires. Given that if one of the leaders or you pair should die, technically you would be in line for a leadership position. Which would make it a veritable shit storm of politics and assassination attempts to deal with. Neither of which I, Jophiel or you would want."

-Dorian Empire-
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Daul Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:16 pm

Daul had no idea what a "Final" was, but, she assumed it could be some sort of test. So, she'd only wrinkle her brows at him and his laughing before ruining her once tamed shock of hair a second time. She'd only shrug, shake her head and consider an answer to his question.

"No, an empress would never be powerless. Esarhaddon has as much responsibility as my father..." she couldnt help but keep the I dont know what kind of backwards, podunk empire you lot are running tone out of her voice, but, that wasn't simply because of Arcerion being the asker but that such a question was baffling in the first place. Celesin had it's problems like so many other powerhouses, but, the lack of a truly egalitarian playing field between the genders-- all of them-- wasn't one of them. After all he was speaking to one of four elite paladins in the sprawling, galactic society and she certainly was no man.

When offered another bit of wine Daul shook her head. It wasn't the taste but more now that she figured she needed a clear head for the rest of the conversation now that she was done moping and looking guilty for getting caught out. Something about "Consequences" made her finally get a bit of steel back in her tone.

"I do not and never will appreciate your thinly vieled threats, Exercion. But I know you do it for Jophiel's well being and whatever dastardly elements you may or may not have for your plans. Do not take it personally that I would say so but no parties involved are innocent in all ways. Save maybe for her..." Before she let her mind wander back to Jo, she'd shake her head and clear away the lovelorn fog. He could take offense to her getting buck with him or, perhaps, notice that she was all but gone and maybe even pathetically had her heart pinned to her sleeve for Grand Duchess Shuinsai. It certainly complicated things. "If there is one trueconstant in these worlds it is the word of a Primoris and it is that I give you. I will not harm, neglect or betray Jophiel. And that is my oath."

After, she heard him out and tried not to radiate an incredibly sour disposition while he detailed his plans and inspired her to nod along every now and then while worrying all of this could be mistaken for conspiring when the chips truly came down. What a hot, writhing mess...and yet Daul had to admit she was somewhat elated that this was the result of Arcerion finding out about her affair with his niece and not some formal challenge to the death that would make an even bigger mess of everything.

"Mmmgh" was her grunted response to assassination attempts, skullduggery and cloak-and-dagger foulplay from the Dorian empire. In her eyes it was nothing to fret over and certainly to be expected, but, he at least had a point that vertain circumstances could make things messy.

Daul
Daul
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by -Dorian Empire- Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:27 pm

Didn't mean insult with his words or laughter, he thought the fact that she'd made him laugh could be considered a compliment, then again they were two different kinds here. "Of course not. I had to be sure. After all, I am not Celesin." Sure he could look at Daul and know that, but just how much pull did Esarhaddon have? It would be impossible to tell. These brutes did so enjoy their direct approach. Dauls own talk about thinly veiled threats told him that much. He would look away as if embarrassed for the moment and set his wine down. She had given him much and more to think about, and the ball was once more in her court, something he did not appreciate. He looked her dead in the eye and would nod, his words he would speak next were threatening and truthful, and held in a way that made it exactly clear as crystal what he desired.

"If you harm her, I would suggest placing a sword to your throat and ending it then, because what I will do to you will be neither quick nor painless." As far as his intentions went, well he supposed he would have to be a little more clear with Daul. "I want prosperity for both nations. In fact I'd be willing to have a simple exchange of councilors and guards to make sure that both voices were heard, and that both were being watched and not swayed to far in one direction." He still kept himself within distance of her. Almost daring her to strike him and cause an international incident. After all, had this been Fenris blades would of been drawn already.

"If you prefer, we can work out the exact details, you me and Jophiel, of who gets what, who pays for what, and the dates and so on. If it is your preference that I seek the council of your father over your step-mother, I too shall bend to that wish. After all, it would not be just she who was becoming a Dra'sen, but you who was becoming a Shuinsai as well."

He took a moment pondering if there was anything else to think about, before finally a smile spread across his face. "I am glad you two have found each other. It sets a certain problem of mine at ease. You see, my Brothers and Sisters Exercion, do not like your kind. Dra'sin made us, and made us flawed in their image. They have been screaming for war, since we found you. I am sick of vendetta's that are not my own. You nor anyone in Celesin created us, we already made sure to kill those that did. I just want a lasting peace for both Empires. Is that really so bad?"

-Dorian Empire-
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Daul Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:47 pm

Daul only slowly blinked at him once he issued yet another threat, though, this on wasn't veiled at all. Credit should go where it was due. Instead of being her usual self and challenging it she gave him a hand gesture that suggested he move on. She got the point already and didn't feel up to par for a sniping match over which brute would win the fight-- that was more Fenris' style, last she'd heard and speaking of the old military dog. Had he voiced his assumption that, should she have been the Ultonis blades would already be drawn Daul would have had no choice but to agree with him. But she knew about that old, bad blood.

"Celesin is already quite prosperous....but I understand your goal." she'd say; a little bit of that old time nationalism seeping into the conversation. "As far as I might suggest you should seek the audience of them both. But speak singularly to Esarhaddon first. She is sometimes my father's voice of reason...." Considering her culture and stature it was unavoidable. Now, she put her elbows to her knees and leaned forward again; jaw set tight and her fingers laced while hearing him out. Of course she could indeed smell a lie and had to note that Arcerion appeared to not be yanking her chain-- he wanted this. Even if, perhaps, he was being dishonest to himself about why she did not detect any bullshit. At his mentioning of councils and payments the Primoris actually grimaced. Real courtship between the families, slow work, dinners, political gerrymandering and so much more were in her future, Daul figured, if she were as familiar with the rituals of arranging marriages between royals.

This was going to be a real shit show. And she'd put up with it all for brown skin, big golden eyes and a feral sort of innocence, at that.

Now, for his last words she did look extremely bothered by the casual mentioning of slaughtering her kind but tucked it in. More literal ancient history that gave rise to the bad blood between their kinds and no doubt nothing to clench over in the present age.  Now, he was asking her if trying to heal the schism was "really so bad". And, well, he did have a point. The feud had to end some time in the next epoch, didn't it?

"I suppose it is not." said Daul, with eyes slightly narrowed though she knew he was being honest once again. It couldn't be helped. She'd been raised to hate and distrust the Exercion, especially the Shuinsai for such a long time. Shockingly, however, even meatheads could keep an open mind. Though, hadn't they tried this before with Ailshyia?

One final sigh. "When do we begin."
Daul
Daul
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by -Dorian Empire- Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:23 pm

Listened as well as he talked, something that he had learned put people either more at ease with him or made them want to punch him.  Hopefully this time was having the former effect instead of the later, after all he was painfully aware of where exactly he was sitting, and would so hate to have to pay for repairs.  The words Daul spoke told him so many things, and the ways that she reacted to his own words told him much and more about her own feelings concerning his get.

"Of course you're prosperous, I'm sure you're society is idyllic as well, the only problems you could ever have would come from people like me.  Yes if you could pass along a message to Essarhadon, that I'd like to have a time to discuss this, it would benefit both of us."

At the curious looks that he'd been receiving over time he had no answer.  Everything seemed to be falling into place, though her question about when that they should begin was given only a quirk of the brow.  "Why my dear, we already have.  Outside of your consent and possibly helping me grease the wheels from your side, you are free from the boring stuff, unless you wish to be apart of it.  Though I have one last thing I must make absolutely certain you know before you leave."

He stood, took his glass and downed the whole of it.  If she still sat then he'd be towering over her and looking down on her.  If he intended to cause her harm he was in the position to do it now.  He eyed her up and down as if sizing up his next meal in the wild.  That was something that it seemed most of his clan shared, that feral quality, in some form or another.  Some had it more pronounced, and Arc did his best to hide his well, but at times it certainly shined through, especially when he was uncertain of something.  His words that came next were anything but certain, unsure of how it would be received.

"This will have to go better than last time, for that I give you a humble apology.  Ailshyia was the worst of our kind.  She did not do the Dra'sin who gave her, her name justice.  In fact she is the worst of our kind.  If I could track her down to whatever planet she's holed up in, I would give you all her head.". With that said he went to gather his things.  Waiting to hear and see Daul's response to an apology she may of never expected.  Of course if there were more questions he'd be happy to answer them.  It was rare that he got a chance to speak like this.

-Dorian Empire-
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Daul Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:51 am

She'd only given the faintest acknowledgment of listening before he'd stood up and over her. Before opening some surprising old wounds.

But first, she did have to take in the sensation of tables being turned via height while he stood over her. Arcerion had seven inches on her, give or take and she was also seated. But, Daul didn't falter-- she wouldnt have and was never given the chance since his words immediately snapped her out of her fugue and had her engaged. With a tense jaw, she listened to him and was unable to stop her right hand from instinctively rising to rub her right eye. As of now her face was perfect, but, years prior she'd been marred by four deep scores across her face obviously made by claws, and, a missing eye.

Those claws has belonged to Ailshyia, formerly betrothed to her father, the Emperor. And because it had entertained her so much? She had commanded Daul- and she'd unfortunately had the clout to do so- not to have it healed. With all of that freshly back onto the boiler plate it would take Daul several seconds to get her bearings before she stood up and came as close as possible to meeting him face to face.

"...It is...not your apology to make. Not a responsibility that should be yours. But I do accept it. I'm..." Alas, she trailed off. There may have been more, but, she never quite got to it and only watched him gather his effects. Finally she did say something before making her own move to leave. "Ailshyia will be paid in full. I assume I have your permission..." Which was Daul's way of saying she was making a promise and it was no doubt something she'd wanted a green light on for a long time. Once answered, she'd no doubt not bother easing past the Exercion lord and opened a Magi gate in the room to take her leave; giving him one reserved inclination of her skull before hand.
Daul
Daul
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down