Sanctum Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Desert City

2 posters

Go down

The Other Desert City Empty The Other Desert City

Post by Fenris Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:34 am

Figuring Herzog might be interested in a Celesin City similar to Maur Prima, in that it was upon a desert. Fenris of Olfwood had taken her to tour the city, which he had admittedly not spent much time in. He had made the whole thing rather private, still preferring to keep his relationship with the Priestess close to his chest, for both their sakes. Her "guardian" of sorts had told her to stop fraternizing with the enemy, and Fenris did not want any political complications.

As such there movements had been quiet, going towards the private-docks from their shuttle, instead of directly gating in. He would open the door for her, and walk with her down the ramp. "I'm starving how about you?" he asked. He was not in uniform, wearing a red-vneck with short sleeves, and denim with boots. His hair was un-braided to lessen recognition.

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

The Other Desert City Empty Re: The Other Desert City

Post by Herzog Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:49 am

The Acolyte was already trying to see out of the shuttle door as it opened; eager to let her eyes fall upon an arrid city which Fenris had mentioned was on the other side of the world from her home continent. How, fascinating! Herzog all but shoved her smaller brown hands into his own; gathering her white kaftan of Konstari silk into a bunch with her left hand and letting the Primoris steady her descent down the ramp with the right. The sun was already something to be reckoned with and nothing she wasn’t already used to. Why else did the Powers bless her with such deeply colored skin?

It was still better to say safely covered in light, breathable fabrics. Fenris would be able to take her around outside of the overly gilded garb of her station and instead in so much white and bright shades. As for this city, it was a different sort of desert— unlike the dry lands within the continental Black Sun, these sands were golden rather than white. The spires all of the buildings formed were alien and yet she recognized that their advanced construction was designed to trap coolness within every building and to completely reflect the heat of the afternoon.

“Yes, myself as well! Does this mean you will take me to dine?” she’d say, showing the slightest hint of teeth which meant he might well be burdened with her expensive tastes and enthusiasm for trying to sample as much any establishment had to offer as possible. He hadn’t gotten offended the first time it had happened and thus she assumed he was fine with it.

Herzog could be a bit of a money pit— though between the both of them they were quite far from destitute.

The Acolyte adjusted the white silk covering her windfall of copper locs; keeping the folded edge over her hairline and tucking each coil into the head wrap that framed her skull. Simple, elegant and most certainly foreign. None of the women she’d seen in Celesin covered their hair for the desert sun— instead, they wore it in simple but clearly expensive styles.

Fenris’ arm was seized and wrapped around her waste as they began to walk. “When was this city built? It looks as if it has been here for an age and yet I have encountered no mention of it in my world-studies. What did you say it was called?” And as far as she was taught her ancestors were the first to truly and successfully map the globe more than five hundred years prior.

Last edited by Herzog on Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Herzog
Herzog
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:37 pm

Herzog seemed happy. It seemed she was used to the finer things in life, and now she was more comfortable with Fenris, she seemed to have no qualms about showing this. Fenris was not an aristocrat, he was a dog in a suit for the most part. He could keep up appearances but in the end he would just be as happy in a cabin as he would in a manor.

Be that as it may, he understood she was beyond nobility in her state, and as such she was used to certain things. Briefly a flash of worry filled him, but he pushed it aside. What was this worry? It was hard to articulate, but perhaps he was worried that sooner rather than later Celesin might make a move on her Empire, or perhaps even Herzog might lose interest. He was not sure which possibility was worse. But he refused to worry about it, and he did not let any of this touch his features or his posture.

"Those clothes suit you well, Herzog." he told her as he watched her move. "Then again I find myself liking whatever you wear lately. Have you done some sort of Ordo Witchcraft to me?" he asked playing. "Well of course we will dine." he told her as his hand squeezed her hip playfully before he pulled her in slightly closer to his much taller and broader frame.

"This city is known as Shad-Rae." he told her. "You would not know of it because it moves around... It is not native to this planet, and like any great city of the Empire it can move freely." he told her. As they moved into the city proper he looked for some kind of restaurant for them to stop off at. "Did you have problems giving Sirhan the slip?" he asked.

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Herzog Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:01 am

“You enjoy my garb? Sure it isnt only because its something different than the garments of my station as an acolyte?” she even lifted the white cloth as if to show it off; the bright fabric trapped between her thumb and forefinger. Obviously, she was teasing as hearing Fenris thought her attractive in any way always caused the girl to smile widely and her brown cheeks to show a little extra color.

“And what if I have acted any of my witchcraft against you. Would you really protest?” A chime like laugh as she was pulled into his side and Herzog went onto the balls of her feet to pay him a kiss onto all his facial scruff.

“‘Shad Rae’ you say. It is quite a city. Very beautiful. And it moves...like ou Maur Prima?” There was something wistful in her tone alongside the admiration. Beauty notwithstanding, it was an impressive burghal that still belonged to a conquering empire that could at any moment make a move against her own beloved native domain at any moment. And either Ghanima— not only an authority she was blessed to personally serve but a fellow Orda of much higher rank which made her both a sister and a friend— would have to take a knee to Mesiphidon or they might lose their Empress. The autonomy of the Black Sun would be removed in any direction.

Herzog realized she’d let her expression give way to wistfulness and made a conscious choice to smile again; her hand rubbing over Fenris’ forearm and her smaller frame pressing even closer; keeping in lockstep. Empires be damned for a moment— she was having a day with her favorite gentleman Primoris.

Sirhan?” the Acolyte laughed; even rolling her eyes. “He wants much more dominion over my personal life than he is afforded. Sometimes I suspect he believes his role over me to be fatherly. He’s only supposed to guard my life, not dictate who I love. And I would say it was no problem at all giving him “the slip”. He believes I am currently in the company of one Sol Ad’eos; the Empress’ new favorite foreign toy and man of sciences. He is quite pale— looks as if he’d be more at home with your people.” As was her duty, Herzog did not go into much more detail about Sol or what the expedition’s purpose was. Love and attachment aside, she was honor bound not to blather on about technological advancements, crashed ships and alliances with yet another space faring empire as allies against Celesin.

“You must surprise me with where we dine. I have not had any of your Celesin cuisine.”
Herzog
Herzog
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:58 pm

Fenris looked at the Acolyte. She seemed more confident as of late, more present than before, when she seemed interested in everything around. Perhaps that was partially to do with her upcoming promotion in rank. She almost seemed cocky, though it was attractive. "Perhaps you might actually have to try for me to give an honest answer." he said in reference to bewitchment. He noted her wistful look, and could not help but feel that perhaps she was having similar anxieties as he did. It was an intuitive discernment however, unspoken, and only half-known.

The name she said was unfamiliar to his ears, and it took a fair bit of effort to stifle his curiousity. He would manage to lessen this by going halfway however. "Foreign toy? So the Empress shares similar vices to you?" he asked teasing her as he was wont to do. "And I -must- take you? Or else what?" he asked curious to her response. Though even as he spoke he was leading her down a market street, though it was unfamiliar territory, Celesin cities did tend to follow similar templates, and his own sense of direction almost absolute.

Eventually they would find their way to a restaurant, which specialized entirely on appetizers. Such things seemed a bit of a novelty to Fenris, but he knew such concepts were typically well received in high-society and similar circles. She of course might find such a thing charming. Though Fenris could not stomach some of the showmanship gimmicks in some establishments. He hoped he did not have deal with someone slaughtering animals at the table while being insincerely cheerful the entire time.  He would open the door for Herzog allowing her to go in first.

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Herzog Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:51 am

“Try? Oh there is no ‘try’ for a Sybil. If I wanted to bewitch you I had better succeed! Or I would not be worthy of the cloth.” Herzog smiled at him after making the vague and coy threat. He’d seemed to be teasing at liking the idea of it— may as well let him know it was a possibility. As far as she could tell the prospect was an exciting one for him.

“Ah!” A mock gasp of surprise and offense at his mention of ‘foreign vices’. “Oh you men from outside of our confines with your exoticism and otherworldly charm. How could I myself or Her Infernal Majesty not fall prey to such delicacies?” And it must have been surprising to be exotified by a native Sanctum culture while used to being from a dominant empire where the image of those who shared his station was ubiquitous all over this section of the universe. Herzog hugged meaty arm tighter; enjoying her public claiming over him. For once it was nice not to have to hide.

At him checking her on the ‘must’ she only gave him a mischievous smile and a noncommittal shrug. When Herzog didn’t get her way in the future he’d find he wouldn’t resent the consequences if he was the sort of man to field then— without taking blows to his pride and masculine identity. The Acolyte had tastes for activities he didn’t yet understand; acts she’d been exposed to as a voyeur but had not yet participated. There were secret parties of nefarious purpose all over Maur Prima and Maur Secundus if one knew where to look and who to speak to. Sex was the least taboo of what happened within those private confines. Like any highborn she declined any activity that would sully her purity.

Would the Primoris be able to stomach such an appetite?

Upon entering the establishment she fielded a few stairs. While not being the only dark complected person present by far as Celesin seemed to span the entire gamut of skin tones she was dressed as every bit a foreigner and her bangles, large pounded palladium earrings, anklets and a few belly chains could have funded another grand opening of the restaurant. So they stared...were they confused by the foreign style of dress and accoutrements or admiring her aesthetic? Herzog did become a little self conscious— wondering if aside from the fortune on her body they considered her and her people weak, backwater and primitive.

Herzog chose to assume they were staring at the Primoris. They’d recognize him, surely.

“I smell something delightful…” she’d utter; letting her mind wander back to curiosity and wide, eager eyes. Like a true lady of court Herzog waited for Fenris to pull a seat out for her and lowered herself into it. Soon after, she laced her fingers into a loose, combined fist and brought her knuckles up to her nose— a gesture of hardly contained excitement.

“Will you pick for me? I want to experience your culture and tastes from your pallet”
Herzog
Herzog
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:52 pm

He made a boisterous laugh at her statement before turning to look at her more intently. "That just makes me curious as to what methods you would employ Sorceress." "Just remember, I'm not above exploiting weaknesses too..." he enjoyed playing this sort of "game" with her. She may not have been a warrior, but she did have power in her own rite, and a little "cat and mouse" without knowing who was the cat, was a bit exciting. She grabbed to him, laying claim in a prideful and open display.

Fenris struggled to find the words. "Confidence" he supposed was what one might call it. He narrowed his gaze somewhat. It seemed not a few weeks ago, she was just a meek, prim and proper pseudo-nun. Now? She was carrying herself with the haughty pride of a tigress. A cat that had gotten the cream. Some might consider as to whether this was part of some foreign plan to bedevil the Imperium, but to Fenris that prospect only made their activities more exciting.

He pressed a bit further, testing her. "I would like to see how one such as you would get their way from one such as I." he said at her shrug, as he gave her a light prod to her side with his free hand. When they arrived at the restaurant, he almost wanted to sigh at the looks. He had made it a point to make himself less conspicuous, but it seemed there was no hiding from the public eye. He himself did not know if they were looking at him, or Herzog. She was certainly darker than most people, but they were in a desert city. Those who had lived here for generations would have at least developed a natural "tan". If anyone had issue, then fine. If anyone acted upon it...

He pulled out her chair for her, he at knew that much. But she had been raised in high-society, Fenris was merely a pretender. He would never, nor did he desire to be an "aristocrat" it was not who he was. He found himself just slightly worried, that this might irk her in the future. "Well... I don't pretend to be a food-critic. But I can try..." He told her as he raised a hand for their waiter. He ordered several things and would then wait.

"Next time you wish to go out, I think I have a more interesting place for you. A moon in my sector that is always dusk, and always autumn, and therefore always in harvest."he stopped just short of explaining further, that despite its small size, it was considered one of the major "bread-baskets" for his sector. No reason to tell her -too- much so soon after all. He had learned the hard way that trusting so soon was not advisable. He was loathe to think such things, but after being betrayed so much by the "fairer" gender had made him cautious, if not even slightly paranoid. He almost felt guilty, but he knew. "Better safe than sorry".

As he looked across he would compliment her regardless. "You're eyes are particularly pretty today." he told her as they brought the appetizers. Corn, and Flour wraps. Each one containing strips of beef, Pico de gallo, and cheese. There were also tortilla chips, with several cups of salsa and sauces. They also brought a pitcher of water, along side several white foamie drinks, consisting of coconut, milk, and vanilla. He took one of the wraps in his hand and held it up to her mouth, not like shoving it up in her face, but simply conveying she had the option to bite it out of his hand.

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Herzog Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:54 pm

Herzog gave a small laugh behind her hand and shook her head at him. Time to get a bit real even if it was still lighthearted. “Oh do not be like those foppish contenders for a noblewoman’s hand in marriage and speak my eyes or skin. No need for that.” And in case he became sheepish at her honesty she’d lean over and kiss him on the scruff of his chin— quickly and without any movements toward vulgarity. “Such heavily scented fluff is for naive girls who titter at the simplistic of compliments and it is not natural to your persona, Fenris. Besides...it is not my eyes that have captured your fancy today, regardless.”

Likely, the Acolyte may have shocked the shoes off of him just now. She was indeed becoming more confident. Was it his influence or something different behind the scenes concerning her burgeoning power or, perhaps, her looming official induction into the Orda?

“But you certainly can tell me about this “interesting place”. Much as I like food it is your constant involvement in adventure which has me ensnared.” Now, Herzog took one of the drinks and after a sip which recognized the coconut— one of her favorite tastes— she dug into it with a bit of gusto. But, not before sprinkling a bit of fine grain red pepper on top of the glass. After, Fenris may get a laugh out of her miserable attempt to put together one of the taco-like wraps. She was distracted and seemed more interested in engaging him than food. At least she was able to taste a correctly constructed one by his offering.

“Ah...I like this.” she’d say after swallowing. “So, Primoris.” she’d say; a grin stretching across her features. “How soon until your empire destroys mine or stakes its claim? And won’t you be in a touch of trouble for sedition if your nefarious emperor finds out about us?” After a pause. “And when do I get to witness you fight? Or...kill?”

Someone really was feeling quite forward, weren’t they? Fenris was possibly getting something like a boiling frog treatment. Herzog was very high class, a sorceress and trained in all sorts of lady’s behaviors. And the more comfortable she got, the more she was showing the Fulminis that the kitten might have sharper claws than he’d imagined!
Herzog
Herzog
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:26 pm

He laughed. "Fair enough." he replied to her as he leaned forward to accept it. "Still, I mean what I say..." he said as he grinned at her, watching her through the corner of his eye. He was more comfortable around her now it seemed. He was a bit out of character, but despite his rough exterior deference towards the opposing gender was still a habit that was hard to kick. He let her wry comment pass, knowing what she meant, and found himself shifting ever so slightly.

He maintained his gaze. "To be honest, I find Dusken rather boring save for its aesthetic qualities, I enjoy the autumn, and it is one of the most peaceful provinces in my sector. I confess I have grown bored as of late with my duties. There is little to do at the moment, no wars to fight, no enemy to slay..." he said with a slight sigh.

As she suddenly took the conversation to a whole different level his smile broadened for a moment as his eyes narrowed as he leaned back, head slightly cocked aside as if appraising her. It was different than any other time he had looked at her, not looking at her as an object of affection but as something else. What it was, perhaps Fenris did not even know. " You have already seen me kill... Do you not remember you're little excursion into market?" he asked. "Though by all means... If you have any ideas I would thank you to express them... As stated I have grown bored in the current political climate..." he said as he drank. He was not much of a fruit guy, but he too liked coconut as he put together a wrap.

"As for when we will stop playing nice, I have no idea. The Emperors moods are fey... Most mortal men would compare such a mentality to a psychopath or to use a term from my lands a Berzerker... Though in truth it is not nearly so base." he told her. "We are both playing a dangerous game it seems, but for the time being if the Emperor can stomach his step-daughters betrothal to a shuinsai, I doubt he has much reason to look into my personal affairs..."

As he spoke he buttered some bread and ate it after his declaration. Finally breaking his gaze off too do so. His movements seemed more controlled, methodical even. "Or I can always tell him I am simply waiting to interrogate you... Perhaps hold you prisoner..." he said as he ate the bread and awaited her response. "I just might consider it any rate with how frisky you are acting..." another wry grin given to her, but his eyes spoke of neither sincerity nor jest.

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Herzog Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:41 pm

A pause before she responded to him telling her he meant it; the look in her eyes rather coquettish. “Well I am at least a little flattered…” Herzog purred; giving him a pursed, playful smile.

As Fenris spoke she took another bit. She aint daintily and with a painful slowness. Not because she wanted to appear overly prim and all, but because she’d come up with a steward rapping the back of her hands with a bamboo rod if she went any faster. It was hard work and a lot of abuse being noble born.
“You should not take boredom for granted. Idle hands make time for practice and learning new things. You’ve trapped yourself in a rut with your desires for war and combat all of the time. Though I suppose as a Primoris you must have such leanings to maintain the position.”

Herzog then rolled her eyes a bit and looked briefly sheepish at his mentioning of the market. Still, she hadn’t stopped smiling. “I had thought I could handle myself” she’d say, a little defensive but not so much as to be offended or angry. “I don’t mean in that way, I mean in an arena...or a war.” she’d shrug, wondering if her point was coming across right. Glory, honor, covered in blood and standing over a vanquished challenge. That sort of thing was what she wanted to witness.

“A Shuinsai? Like the Emperor Arcerion and his son?” she’d say, not considering it treasonous to let loose the meeting in the city now known as Korel; a satellite development of the Dorian Empire just off the coast of the continental Black Sun. “Yes I had heard through the whispers of politicians that they were an enemy to Celesin. And the emperor has a daughter? A princess?” her eyes brightened a bit. She wondered exactly what a Celesin princess might look like.

She might have continued on but he spoke of interrogating her and in a way she couldnt quite put a finger on. However, she didn’t appear to quite take him seriously.

“Interrogation, really? For all the secrets of the Orda and the empire? Well...thus far you have shown quite an avant garde way of holding someone prisoner!
Herzog
Herzog
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:56 pm

"Mm perhaps so..." he said. "It is hard to be anything other than what I already know. Though you might be surprised." Fenris was no polished-statesman but he could certainly back-stab and plot, and as far as he was concerned that was half of politics. He also had a love for the common-folk that was different perhaps than any other Primoris. He had afterall been mortal once upon a time. "If you have any suggestions as to what else I could do, by all means. I'm not learning how to knit though."

"You did more or less, if you don't end up dead, or maimed I chalk it up to a win." he said with a shrug, his tone somewhat dismissive. "Violence is violence, whether on the battle-field, in the dead of night, in the sun of the open arena, or even a narrow alleyway..." he told her. "But of course the Games are supposed to start soon, Perhaps I might find some entertainment there, and you can cheer me on." If he had known how she looked at battle, he would have told her such things were rarely glorious. Honor was merely a construct, one that he followed to a degree, but he held an understanding that in the end there was only survival. still it was clear, she wanted to see him in action. Something she had never seen, and he would love to do so, but alas there were not many opportunities as of late.

He bristled at the name of Arcerion noticeably, but said nothing in regards to him. The hair on the back of his neck and his arms stood on end slightly, and his eyes flashed dangerously as he glanced aside for a moment. It was like a flash of lightning however and gone as soon as it appeared. He said little else. He may have liked her, but he could not afford to entertain the illusion he could trust her as of yet. Hearing "whispers" of such at thing however stuck in his mind, he found it somewhat disconcerting she was that well informed, and he had a feeling she was holding back, fishing perhaps a little, as she always was, only this time it struck a bit closer to home. He was suspicious but he did not let it color his mood, rather he found it slightly invigorating. As if they were playing a game of cat and mouse that only they could perceive. He almost told her he meant to settle his affairs with Arcerion one day soon, but he did not, and said nothing of it.

Beneath the table she would feel a slight pressure on her lower thigh. The movement hidden by the cloth of the table as he looked at her gain leaning in. "Some cages, are not wrought of iron or steel." he told her. "Then again whose to say perhaps you might not be planning something similar..?" as he spoke the slight pressure became a light squeeze.

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down