The Little Shop of Weapons

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Little Shop of Weapons

Post by Janus on Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

The hustle and bustle of the city was without a doubt in it's usual swing. Businesses constantly coming and going so fast due to crime, high rent, poor sales, and what not. It was with these 'natural' sources that a single shop could slide in and occupy a small building cramped between two others. No windows, and the entrance was below street level. One would need to use the stairs to descend down to the buildings entrance, as there was a separate business above the lower. The only hint at what this new business was, would be a very plain sign with an anvil and a hammer. A forge. Should one dare the short trip down the stairs, they would find the front door. Past this, the store itself. Cramped, small, and every single inch that wasn't floor space filled with weapons and armor of all classes. However something was very odd. Not a single item was doubled, unless required ( Such as gauntlets, boots, twin daggers / swords ). Also, perhaps it was the lighting but something was different about the items. Their quality, if the eyes of the customer where trained well enough to see, is beyond the level of any other merchant on the streets. The light source itself was simple orbs of magical light stuck to the ceiling.

Janus
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Little Shop of Weapons

Post by Galvery on Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:27 am

Within Caine's Weapons Shop drama was unfolding as the half-blood scrambled to do as he was commanded, picking up debri where it may lay and uprighting shelves. He gathers weapons till he feels one slice open his hand, which immediately begins to trail blood and he winces as he looks to the minor wound until the shine of the gauntlet on his left hand grips his attention and he stares at it silently. Falling back on a neighboring stool Galvery examines the metal it is nade from and senses the unique energy in it-the Legacy; though, he hadn't a clue what it truly was or how he had gotten it.

Sighing he looks to the ceiling with confusion evident in his features, then looks to the entry of the back where Janus had taken the monster Bill and where he knows torture is being ensued. Remembering the other man Frakk he lofts a brow as he looks over his shoulder at where the man is suppose to lay, standing shortly after he continues to clean until the only thing that was left was the pile Frakk remained below. Hearing voices outside he races to cover the mess with a blanket and then the hole in the wall after yelling an apology to Mr. Pho after getting screamed at in some language strange to him.

Unlocking and opening the door Galvery gives the Orc and Woman a pleasant smile, waving at then as he say. "Hello. Welcome to Mr. Caine's Weapon Shop. Please come in and shift through the plethora of items, but avoid the mess we had a break in." Turning back around to enter the shop he shook somewhat having straightened up the shop in record time. In the meantime in the back while Janus was hard at work on the monster a presence had appeared from the veil an Archon with the head of a Hound and the body of a man bestowing to the Mazoku a blue ingot glowing with Legacy and it speaks to him in a gruff voice, "From my master Loonstro as a gift to show he will keep his word as long as you do. An ingot of our most precious metal-oiadium; which, can harness the unlimited power of the Oiad Sphere but in minor doses. I am sure a resourceful demon like yourself will figure out how to use it. Be responsible." Handing it to Janus the angelic would vanish just as it appeared.
Galvery
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NPC-Roster on Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:10 pm

"Yew think this is the enddd?" he asked. "You've signed your death warr-AANNNTSDFDJKH!" as he was shocked via Janus' electrical discharge into unconciousness. The old man in the noodle-shop screamed in some foreign language waving his arms at them in a distressed manner. Frakk was not dead yet, he crawled over to the Frag-Gun quietly while everything had been going on. Seeking to lean up against the wall with the Frag-Gun out so if Galvery came near him, he would fire the blast again.

NPC-Roster
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliceD on Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:21 am

( sorry it took so long to reply I got called back to work this week)

turning his attention to the young lad that seemed to pop up out of the shop and spoke. Mal arose to his feet and dusted the seat of his pants off before smileing to the young Gentleman. "Aye thanks" he would follow Galvery inside and simply turn his attention around the shop and give a slight whistle before something from the corner of his eyes would catch sight of a progressed with a Frag cannon aiming at Galvery. Moving quickly he opened his arms to Bring those tree trunk like appendages around Galvery as he yelled" get down Lad" his Kia suddenly exploded not only around him but through Galvery if he indeed did embrace him in time. A large wall of Force seemed to shimmer in exsistance as he would pump his energy into the Sanctuary to not only protect his Self but Galvery at the same time. If all this transpired and a shot was taken and collided with the shield their could be a chance they would go skipping into a wall. The shield seeming to tear down like breaking glass but hopefully it would protect Galvery from a much worse fate then it could have been. As smoke would clear the attacker may notice the air around him was arcing with a bluish Electricity. If all this transpired Mal would ask" Lad you alright" if he couldn't make it in time to protect the young Gentleman, a strange glaze would form over the Orcs eyes like a bull seeing red over the fact he simply couldn't make it in time=e=
MaliceD
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayla_Stark on Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:32 pm

Ayla had nodded when Malice mentioned the weather, looking at the ground intently until the shop doors opened. Waiting a few moments, she stood once the others had entered the shop, raising an eyebrow as she did so. Something seemed off to her though she didn't dare explore it, watching the exchange between Malice and Galvery for a moment before turning to look around the shop again, waiting silently as she did so, drawing her hood up over her face a little more as she inspected a few odd (well, to her) weapons on one of the walls.
Ayla_Stark
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvery on Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:30 pm

The young Half-blood was shocked as he was suddenly encompassed by a mountain of meat and the Orc deflected the strange projectile, then retracted as Galvery looked up at the creature he smiled as he spoke, "Thanks mister." He then looked to Frakk and scowled as he withdrew his odd looking pistol at his hip, aiming straight for the shoulder of the creature as he spoke, "It's time for you to leave buddy." Speaking the warning he proves his point by squeezing the trigger an with a terrible loud bang a bullet is let loose with the power and velocity of a .50 caliber handgun. The bullet spins on its axis through the air until just before striking the other man if it does so at all begins to emit a frequency and literally transforms itself into a twelve inch spike.

Afterwards if there is no recourse action needed he'd look to the gun with wide eyes and softly say, "What have you left me with father?" If Frakk decides to leave Galvery would look to the Orc and say, "Not too often you meet a friendly Orc, but I got to say I'm happy to have done so. What's your name mister? I'm Galvery." Looking for the woman that was with the behemoth of a humanoid he offers a polite nod and says, "Welcome to Caine's Shop of fine armors and weapons."

However if Frakk does not leave he'd hold his pistol still at ready, lifting it just so slightly to aim for a head shot.
Galvery
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayla_Stark on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:40 pm

Ayla looked up as she heard the two behind her, quickly making her wonder if she had chosen the wrong shop to step into. Perhaps she would either fix her weapons herself (somehow) or search for somewhere else. She knew she had already been figured out, despite her to disguise herself. After watching the scene unfold between the shopkeep and the orc, she thought to leave but also thought it would just be suspicious. Giving a nervous smile as he spoke, she lowered her hood to avoid looking like she didn't belong there. As she did so, her roughly cropped hair darkened from the light brown it had been to a more raven color, falling just below her shoulders. Given what seemed like the regular crowd in the shop, she assumed she was no surprise to them. "I uh...just a small weapons repair, if you are able."
Ayla_Stark
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janus on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:04 am

Drip

Subject is roughly eight feet tall, and somewhere near five....no...six hundred pounds in weight. Race currently unknown, will document when revealed. Blood, tissue, and bone samples have been taken. Marked under the name Monster X.” This would the the words Bill would hear as he began to slowly come out of his unconsciousness. Groggy. Disoriented. Dark. Restrained. These would be the first things he may notice, if he could push past the grogginess. Was he drugged? No, it didn't feel like that. It was something else. Weakness. His body was almost in shock, but not quite there yet. Teetering on the edge of shock and unconsciousness. “Ah. I see. Noted.” Janus spoke as he would hold a small green sphere up to his mouth, almost like some sort of microphone. “Subject has regained consciousness. As with many creatures when blood loss is kept between minimal and almost to the one third point, the body is able to retain some level of consciousness.

Drip

Janus moved around the room freely, and from what it seemed like Bill should also be able to move. He was sitting in a chair, and all of his wounds had been well bandaged and mended by fresh cloth and packing. However, something else was holding the creature in that chair. Something beyond the physical. The small green sphere was placed on a metal table that was behind Janus, though it was still active. Still glowing. Still recording. Bill would feel the oddest sensation from the device. Almost as it if had eyes. Like it was watching him.

Drip

Now then. I hope not too much had been taken, but I needed a bit to make sure you didn't move. Are you with me?” Janus wasn't just dead sure how well Bill would respond to the loss of blood. However he felt certain that his 'monster' was a lot more than what was originally deduced.

Drip

You'll have to excuse that bit there, sorry.” Janus spoke as he picked up a bloody rag and would use a bit of a clean spot to clean something off of Bills shoulder. Showing the freshly cleaned liquid from the rag. Green. Almost neon, but a bit faded. Obviously it had been outside of the body for a moment, but not for too long. “I'm sure by now you have tried to move that body. So strong. So very strong. Well. Not when put next to me, but for your needs I'm sure it worked rather well. But, then you have never had someone like -me- come across your streets before.” Janus smiled, and pointed up with his index finger.

Drip

A sigil of blood had been painted on the ceiling directly above Bill. A trap. Admiring his work with a gaze, Janus couldn't help but smile a bit. “Perhaps I did paint it a bit thick, but I wanted to make sure it didn't thin out and give you a chance to get away. Now then.” Janus lowered his gaze back to Bill, taking a lean against a table as he began to put on a pair of gloves. Latex. Medical. He would also pick up a knife, and turn his attention to Bill. “Now then...You are going to tell me everything you know about the Hobbes. Who are they. How powerful. How long have they been in power. Also, what other families are there in this area that are like the Hobbes. And what do you know about them. Lastly, how long do I have before The Hobbes send someone to come check on you. You must be someone of some importance if you are the face of the family for their rent collection. They will surely begin to wonder where you are.

Janus
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NPC-Roster on Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:24 am

Luckily Frakk was a coward when it came down to the nitty gritty, and knew if he shot Galvery his chances of getting out in one piece were very slim. "You all made a big mistake..." he mumbled on his way out, not bothering to worry about Bill at the moment. "This place is gonna be nothing but a smoldering hole in the ground by the time were all done..." he told the lad. "You're dead kid... DEAD!" and then he waddled off heedless of the new comers.

The creature struggled and looked at Janus, eyes shining red as the lipless mouth showed blood-red gums and rows of 4 inch teeth, a ghastly grimace that almost seemed a smile... The pale red-striped body of the creature moved as much as it could, but luckily for the Mazoku his theory had been right, for now the creature could not move, but it could regenerate to an extent which would require a balance of damage to keep on the level, which seemed to be what the Mazoku was doing to begin with. It was not a bad solution to the problem.

"It is not often someone of your particular caliber of power comes along... But there are a few that might surprise you... Perhaps even in my very own clan... Were going to you he told him. He gave a chuckle that sounded like rocks grinding against a dome of iron.

"You want me to tell you? Bahahahaha.... That's what this is about?" it laughed again. "All you had to was ask you stupid twit..." the creature sneered. "It's no secret we are one of the ruling families of the Market, there are about six clans or so that run this place..." he told him. "Beneath those clans we have proxxy-gangs to manage smaller areas... We run this town... And the sixth clan is ran by the Patron... Lived a long time he has, seen a lot of shit..." he continued.

"He won't be too happy with you... I've seen him deal with worse..." the creature sneered. "But I'm afraid you're going to have to ask someone else for the rest..." he told him. "It would take hours to explain it all to you, and we don't have that long, as a matter of fact, how long was I under for?" it asked with another grin.

NPC-Roster
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janus on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:44 am

The words of the Monster where almost comforting to Janus. Good...Then they are not here. A lone thought as a smile appeared on his own lips. The details of the six clans and the lesser gangs was not something that was uncommon for this area, and Janus had figured such system of power was being used for this area. His right hand came to cover his mouth, and then stroke downward to end at his chin. Thoughts swirling through his head as he eyed the creature. “I'd say it has been about half an hour. I'm not very sure, I get a little lost in time during my...work.” Then again. Thirty minutes. That was a long time for someone who was very much a busy body. Custom to working at a face paced to obtain detailed results in record times.

A chuckle came from the Mazoku when Bill spoke of how the Patron had -dealt with worse- in the past. “Always a bigger fish I suppose.” His eyes settled on Bill and Janus would tap the knife against the beasts shoulder. “How is your calf by the way? Left one. Have you noticed yet?” Janus smiled, and would use the knife to point down to the leg. Should Bill focus hard enough, he would feel something was beginning to itch the back of his left calf. “I used a simple numbing agent to help keep your mind off of that itch and pain while we talked for these few minutes. I've been draining the blood from you body as you have regenerated it. Took a few minutes to get it just right, but thankfully your lovely body is very, very, very good at repairing itself. Of course I'll have to dispose of the blood later but for now I've got a few...hungry...artifacts in place that are drinking it up quite nicely.

Now. From what I can gather about you, I doubt you will be allowed to live very long. Even if I didn't -want- to kill you, I doubt your life has much of a meaning now that you have failed to persuade me to pay your rent. And knowing first hand how most clans, guilds, and families of your type of people tend to operate I can guess that if you are found alive, you will be slain for your weakness. So...” There was a pause, and Janus shook his head a bit. “Yes. Of course. I will. I know. I know. Okay. Fine. Yes, you can.” His head turned to the side, and Janus seemed to be talking to someone else that was in the room. “I suppose I'll just have to lie to myself and tell myself it was for the greater good. That at least you wouldn't suffer. At least your death could be useful.” Janus shook his head a bit, and then smiled. “Sorry Bill. After your life of preying on the weak, you are now the food.” His right hand rose up to about stomach level, turning so the palm was facing upward. The barrier in the shop would begin to activate, and those privy to such things would notice that they where becoming active. Though they where not trying to keep something -out-. No. Deeper. Something in their design. They where trying to keep something -in-. Something hidden. Something masked. Like trying to watch tv with very bad reception, nothing could be truly seen within the shop. Nothing could be seen within that basement. Unless of course, you where standing there in -that- room. A cackle of black lightning danced over his palm, and would give birth to a white sphere that was still surrounded by the constant dancing of thin black lightning. Upward from this further a blade would rise.

Feast now, drinker of life. Take now, reaper of souls. Devour now...Dragonslayer.” The blade would be taken in his right hand, and Janus would simply place it upon the shoulder of Bill. Almost as if he was knighting him. A short moment of silence fell from the Mazoku lips, and it would seem that for a moment it had all been a show. Some crazy illusion of madness. Was this real? What was his silver haired bastard doing? Before the question could be answered, something would begin to slowly tug at the mans core. Gentle. Yet sharp. Like a kitten playing with masters fingers. However once the fangs set their first small nibble upon the soul energies, it would become a feeding frenzy of horrible pain and destruction. Physical voice was beyond comprehension as the Dragonslayer would aim to feast itself upon this creature. Devouring its soul, tearing it to pieces bit by bit. Digesting it, filtering it, and adding it to its own. “...More...” The voice rang in his head, and Janus would have to bring his left hand up to support his right wrist. “Always more with you...No. But soon. I promise.” The blade would vanish, and Janus would head upstairs. Provided of course, nothing hindered him thus far.

Janus
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliceD on Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:58 am

Mal had turned his eyes to watch Frakk seem to flee, looking back to Galvery, " you can call me Mal Lad" tilting his head slightly he glanced to his gauntlets and removed them from his hands slowly. The anointed trinkets along his robes suddenly began to rattle and chime. Blinking his eyes glanced downward to the trinkets. A deep thought crossed his mind, before turning his gaze to the weapons on the racks. Moving over to one of the walls he simply began to scan over the weapons with a slight smile after he tied those strange gauntlets of his back to his belt. Mal had the ability to create temperary weapons out of energy, but those weapons required way to much energy. To be honest the thought of retraining his self to expand his fighting capabilites from hand to hand to something else was a notion he had rattling around his head for a long time. The question however was which one would suite him the best.
MaliceD
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvery on Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:20 pm

The young half-blood watched the monstrosity known as Frakk leave, but how words send a cold chill down his spine as he knew exactly what that meant…more were gonna be coming. He sighs softly as he holsters his weapon and turns to face his customers with a delightful smile kin to elven lineage and says, “Sorry about that you two and we have a plethora of assorted weapons&armor for the picking that range anywhere from firearms to swords and even enchanted wears. As for repairs I am not the one to speak to as Master Caine is the one whom provides services such as that, but unfortunately he is currently occupied but if you like I can help you find something suiting to either of your needs.” Spoken like a true salesman he stands tall and straight, though he was dwarfed by the Orc and not much taller than the woman unfortunately. Looking to the main entry way he observes the windows for any peering eyes and then looks back to the others as he says, “I appreciate your help again Mr.Mal, but I must admit there will probably be more of those monsters on their way soon because this was not simply a robbery but also an attempt at domination. It seems this Market is overran by thieves after others hard earned coin and the one we just ushered out will come back with more. I do not blame either one of you if you leave because of such. This is not your fight, but if you insist on staying please grab a weapon or two.” Galvery offers them a half-hearted smile before he goes to reach for a staff of some runic or arcane make, but just before touching it with the gauntlet hand the feathery wear glows a brilliant blue. In that instant the young man’s astral self is propelled from his body leaving a “husk” behind as everyone would see him with blank hues filled with Legacy or blue energy. He would appear in a torrent of that same blue energy fixated on a floating orb, but unknown to him he was in fact in the Oiad Sphere-an artifact containing an All Creater from his father’s home universe of Elementia, trapped and held captive, under protection of the Angel King or otherwise known as Loonstro within his floating fortress known as Mount Isro. The orb lights up with power as a voice sounding like a storm of hundreds and thousands of empty souls crying out, “Young one you wield my Hand of the Oiad, crafted from the essence of what was once my godly form till betrayed by my own kin. How I could crush you like the ant you are, but needed are you in my resurrection and so my power is left to bear before you feet. No. I wil not make it easy for the son of Loonstro the banished one to control my Legacy, but when you are stron enough the time will come. Be gone with you.” What was only seconds in the material plane was hours to him as Galvery was launched from that realm back into his body; which, quite literally knocks the young lad off his feet and through the air on to his back, knocking the wind out of him as he stares blankly at the ceiling without understanding of what just happened.
Galvery
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayla_Stark on Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:13 am

Ayla glanced over at Malice as Galvery fell onto his back, after giving a slight shrug, she stepped over to the counter, leaning over it. "Are you alright?" She asked as she looked around the shop. "What sort of weapons do you suggest?" She asked, almost hesitantly as she did not understand what was going on herself. She was still wondering if she had stepped into the wrong shop or even the wrong town as there seemed to be nothing but trouble since she had.
Ayla_Stark
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliceD on Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:38 pm

Crouching to a squat just behind the back of Gal head. Those metallic heavily plated gauntlet hands came to rest between his knees as he glanced down to Gal. “ya still with us Lad?” looking up a moment from Gal toward Alya. Twisting his hand and extending it slightly toward Gal, if he took it he would help pull the young lad to his feet and use his other hand to dust him off perhaps patting him slightly to harshly on his back. Hes a ork after all. Seeing if Gal was at his self or not. He would reply to the grabbing a weapon for defense.” not really a weapon user of any kind except what the Gods gave me. And well these Gauntlets here.” tilting his head slightly he'd move toward the weapons rack. Lifting his hand he simply touch his finger tip to the blade. “ as far as leaving because of that”...he turned with a slight Grin revealing rather nasty sharp teeth.”ive seen worse then that we little lad”

scratching his chin “So Lad what do you have in the way of Fire arms” Mal had a reason to ask about Fire arms. Truth was he figured he could learn to use them perhaps easier then any other weapon. Glancing a moment to Gal he seemed to be focus on something. “ before anything else I suppose I should ask if Gold is accepted here, I know many regions of the Nexus provenances have different currency” bronze eyes seemed to stare at Gal, though from the corners of his eyes he still had his eye on Alya. Turning to her a moment he offered a Smile “ it seems when it rains it pours doesn't it Lass”
MaliceD
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayla_Stark on Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:37 pm

Ayla still kept an eye on Galvery, to see if the man was alright, still not sure what had just gone on. She then eyed Malice watchfully. He had not given her any reason to believe that he would harm her but her experiences with his kind hadn't been the best so she kept her guard up as she simply shook her her in response to his words as she turned and looked over the weapons racks.
Ayla_Stark
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NPC-Roster on Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:06 am

Monsters did not have souls, but they did possess energy. Unable to defend himself, Bloody-Bill met his maker as the life was slowly syphoned from his form. He welcomed it, it did not matter how he died when he had failed in his duty.

(Since he's an NPC I'm not gonna do the Deathscene with too much fanfair, he dead.)

To be honest it might take a bit longer than Bills estimation for things to progress, but Frakk had returned to the Lieutenant of the famly who was now making calls to the proxxy gangs around Market, and passing out the rifles and the ammunition and molotov cocktails. He even had some drugs ready to distribute to enhance performance. He figured a dozen men would be enough support. "And what of Bill?" a tall figure asked. The man was 6'7, powerfully built but still relatively lithe. "I don't know... Dey got em I -" Frakk did not get that far, his head pulverised from a single blow, splattering across the brick of the alley he had met the retainer in.

Wiping his hand with a handkerchief, Lieutenant Hrenn surveyed the other members. An ambiguous looking youth in a leather suit, wearing a conductors cap, while the other wore a hat, and a long coat, with his hands obscured by leather gloves. Hrenn himself was wearing red and black coat that reached down to his knees and was wrapped tight. His arms were crossed, and his ferm jaw was set in irritation. "Were going in, get the drugs and the weapons ready, I wanna move within 45..."

Eventually the trio had collected about a dozen thugs from lower gangs. Arming 4 with assault rifles, and molotovs and were even given body-armour and Machetes. The rest wielded a collection of cleavers, and cudgels, knuckles, and chains. They then began to move out enforce, the men with the Rifles ahead, the others behind, with the officers of the family trailing behind them as people made way for the small crowd of armed thugs, they would probably reach Janus' in about 20 minutes. They could have gotten there faster, but they were trying to make a statement.

NPC-Roster
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvery on Sun May 31, 2015 4:26 pm

Something wasn't right and Galvery could feel I in his bones; which, speaking of the very same knee that had god shot the day before began to ache. Just by the pain in his knee he could tell bad juejue was a foot and he quickly rose to his feet with the help of Malice. Thanking him with a small nod the half-blood sprints for the other room that Janus had entered with the monster from earlier, but instead of finding the creature and Janus he finds nothing; which, Galvery responds back to promptly with wide eye and says beneath his breath, "That coward." Narrowing his gaze he looks to the staff in his left and the gauntlet or Hand of the Oiad on his right as he says, "Time to make you proud father."

Rolling his shoulders the half-blood turns calmly to meander out of the back room entering the main lobby, but before speaking to the other two the young man slows to a stop between the other two concentrating his efforts to sweep the neighboring areas for malicious auras. PING! He sensed the small army the mobsters had in play that caught his attention as he looked to the Ork and woman as he says, "There are many others coming. We need to get out of here, because the master of this shop has turned tail leaving us here to die like coward." Moving towards the primary entrance he reaches for the door nob and stops long enough to say, "Take what you all need or what."
Galvery
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliceD on Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:36 pm

Malice watched the lad a moment and his movements before simply sighing and looking on the weapons rack and perhaps finding a nice pump shotgun. Taking it off the wall he glanced around to find the ammo for the weapon, after trial and error figured out how to load the weapon. Looking around a bit more his copper eyes landed upon something that looked like a pistol and took it as well. Searching he came across a magazine and loaded the strange looking pistol, having no real ideal to what these weapons are( will leave what they are up to random chance i geuss) glancing to the Lad and Lass. He simply popped his neck and took note of the layout of the shop. After all having cover is a good thing isn't it. Ladd tell us what you sense and lets come up with a strategy for them.
MaliceD
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayla_Stark on Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:16 am

Ayla looked slightly concerned as Galvery mentioned many others coming. Watching Malice's moves and choices of weapons, she took a few quick glances around the shop to try to find something she could handle and that she would be able to carry, should they need to run. Looking at the smaller blades, she chose a rather odd-looking dagger, which she doubted was just a dagger. Picking it up carefully, she tested the weight and practiced with it for a few seconds before deciding that it was acceptable. Since she had not been one for guns, she looked over a selection of rather formidable looking crossbows, grabbing one of the smaller ones and choosing a selection of bolts, mixing regular and exploding ones carefully. Once she was satisfied with her selection, she turned to Galvery and Malice, ask if silently asking what their next step was.
Ayla_Stark
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NPC-Roster on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:50 pm

Well it seemed the lot of what became "Galverys band" had been abandoned by their former rallying point. Things did not look well, but Janus was always a crafty fellow. And his sudden disappearance might beg the question as to the means of which he had vanished. In other words there had to be a way out that no one else knew about. This would probably be obvious to one of average or slightly above average intellect at least, and if they looked around they would find the door to the basement in the next room. If moved aside it would lead to what appeared to be the cellar. A room was on one side probably containing the corpse of "Bloody-Bill" while the end of the hallway had a stairway that led up into a hatch.

There was also another door at the side of the corridor. Within a few minutes however gun-fire would be sprayed into the shop, as molotovs were thrown through shattered windows and onto the roof itself. Though of course time was of the essence and they were probably not going to get out of this without a fight, and if they were not careful in their actions, they would have to deal with the sheer numbers that had been brought against the shop en-masse. Though since they were burning the place, they at least did not have to worry about being flanked from the way they had come.

NPC-Roster
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvery on Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:50 pm

Minutes before firefight: The young half-blood stood in awe at the thick headness of the Ork and then looks from him to the outside, pulling open the door as he says, "I admire your courage Orc, but this isn't even our shop to defend." Pondering that very statement he sighs and rolls his shoulders as he adds, "I guess you let terror gain any ground you might as well give them the whole pie. The fight starts here Malice." Breathing slowly he concentrates his extraterrestrial senses and extends himself to cast his "eye" on the group heading their way and he says as his eyes open, "There are over a dozen in all and there are three powerhouses at the head with one of them being a counter measure for Mr. Caine before his untimely leave. I will go across the street and take the high ground while you keep their attention. I only ask you to be at the brunt of the action because you seem like you can handle yourself."

The Elementian leaves the shop in a flash, charging off in a dead run and pushing himself off the ground and in a single bound lifts his body at least twenty-five feet up into the air. His fingers tear into the buildings material with an iron grip, climbing till all that is needed is a half-measured jump to take the high ground. This literally takes seconds to perform with athletic competency and at the top his kneels for a small prayer to his native gods of Greyhawk, though he unknowingly has gods outside of the Greyhawk realm, "Gods and goddesses please let my father hear my plea. Please father give me the strength I believe you possessed so that I may complete this mission keeping both myself and this Orc alive. I love and miss both you and my mother. Gods rest her soul." It was then after his prayer the real battle began as molotovs are thrown into the weapons shop and a hail of gunfire tears through the place. Still with fear he hoes to turn around eying his new gauntlet or else known as Hand of the Oiad, which just that second a streak of blue descends from the heavens to strike down upon Galvery and with that his eyes become filled with some navy blue hue.

Unknown to the young lad he was just possessed by an even greater being than himself-one of the right hands of the angel king his legendary Horsemen-the Horseman of Havoc.(Yep. That one is for you Malice.) Keeping low the avatar glares at his queries with hunger in his facade, the thrill of the kill in the eyes of a warrior centuries old and lifting that gauntlet arm the oiadium forms "rails" to create a highly powered electromagnetic current procreated via the Legacy under his control. Bolts of lightning stream along bouncing off a fluctuating sphere conjured during the creation of the "rails" and the power at his command preparing to come to life.(Will note that Alura's player will be MIA till Monday)
Galvery
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliceD on Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:33 pm

He watched the lad lead his charge. A chuckled sounded from his lips as he turned to Alya and winked at her. It wasn't a attempt to flirt but more of a comforting wink that said with out words. We got this. He moved the sound of a rattling echoed out with a vicious Glee. The ork had deemed it worthy and as such the various charms and pendants along his Aegis armor reacted with a violent shudder. A silent explosion of pure ki washed over him with a glimmering presence that felt like war was coming to the market place.( charge 1) his ki manifested physically pulling like a vortex into his sanctified nemesis force gauntlets that roared with his pure essence. Then enveloped Mal with a field of his Sanctuary, pumping his ki into his fist he punched it at the gun fire enveloping the Front of the shop with the Field in attempts to keep them focused on the shop while Galvery worked his ( possessed ass ) around to do what he needed to do.( charge 2) while his right fist stayed Extended he charged a second level of power into his cocked back left fist. When the shield would eventually fail. And he knee it would he would strike back with his pure energy in well we will have to wait until that would happen. The Sanctuary is strong enough to last 3 rounds until it will shatter at least the continuous energy he was pumping into it=e=
MaliceD
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayla_Stark on Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:53 am

(Let's see if this works...I am typing on my phone with terrible service).
Ayla fell to her knees, arms folded over her head as the initial attack happened, the shop sprayed with glass, chemical, and fire. Though they were soon surrounded with smoke, she caught Malice's winpoo r further k and the meaning behind it. Still staying low, she looked up at him as if further direction or reassurance, watching his actions that seemed to be shielding them. Maybe this would be the best time to participate in something other than causing trouble... she thought, nodding a bit to herself. Looking down at the crossbow beside her and then to the bolts she had chosen, she loaded one of the exploding bolts, leaning up on her knees just enough to be able to see out of the shattered window without getting hit. Though not able to see well, she could see the amount of men that Galvery had confirmed. Behind them she saw a vendor's stall that had been abandoned sometime during everything that was going on. This would be her target as their attackers were all close enough that she could atleast injure a few, if not kill some. It was better to try than to die without even attempting to take a few of the others outside with her. The trigger on the crossbow gave a sharp click as she pulled it. When she saw that her aim was correct, she ducked back down, hearing the resulting explosion outside, hoping that it had worked.
Ayla_Stark
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NPC-Roster on Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:18 pm

Apparently the passage was not taken, and they had opted for a head on attack. As Galvery bounded out, the men with Tommy-Guns, shot-guns, and the occasional frag-gun opened fire. The reach of them probably enough to reach the young elementian, while the spread of fire would make it harder to dodge, the rapid fire of the Tommy-Guns adding even more of a chance to hit. This did somewhat partially interrupt the execution style shoot and burn of the shop but only momentarily though perhaps enough to give Ayla her out. Malis' Barrier also stopped the gun-fire, perhaps they were being misdirected. That was when the crossbows bolt shot out, and exploded taking out 3 men and injuring half a dozen. A molotov was thrown towards the stall, as one of the remaining men with the Tommy gun opened fire at it.

Two of the monsters namely Hren and the ambiguous looking youth took off, Hren taking out a large cudgel and focusing his malicious intent into the bludgeon causing it to shine with a nasty purple sheen. The natural curse endowing the blade as the Lieutenant charged it and waited, while the other men continued to shoot the Barrier Mal had created to keep it from gaining strength and weaken it. Meanwhile the Ambiguous looking youth smiled showing fanglike teeth and took off, arguably more athletic than Galvery as he swayed with an acrobats grace and gave chase, seeking to close the distance and take the fight to the rooftops possibly.

NPC-Roster
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvery on Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:15 pm

The brief bombardment of shells and rounds indeed takes the young Elementian off guard, but the metal beads of the shotgun rounds do manage to pierce the naturally robust flesh of the extraterrestrial; however, his bones naturally reinforced with carbine and double twined muscles manage to hold ironclad to the spread. He winces as the metal pierces him, but continues to climb; however, when the thompsons are used the first flash of metal and ring of gunfire causes an instinctive reaction. Galvery leaps far to his left to avoid direct shots, stone crumbling under his iron-like grip and he takes that half-measured leap again to take the rooftop. Rather than the awesome force of the Horseman taking over the half-blood he draws his .50 caliber Elementian pistol and lets off a full clip down at the roughians.

Twelve high caliber rounds spin through the air down upon the men and monsters alike, singing as the crystals vibrate their elven song. All twelve rounds take on different forms three of them literally turn into cannonballs, then another three turn into ballista's, three more turn into twenty inch spikes and the final three high explosive warheads of some magical make. Afterwards he'd withdraw the pistol to grip his staff with both hands, preparing for the creature coming his way.
Galvery
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliceD on Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:30 pm

(Charge 3) energy continued to build within Mal, though he could feel the Sanctuary becoming weaker. However it served its purpose to bid time. For those that had been Spending there time trying to weaken Sanctuary they may notice the slight Shift. A Explosion of his left fist contacting the shield as his right retreated to his side. The Shield at the present moment was as wide as the front of the shop suddenly began Bull dozen its way toward the cluster of things that continued to fire out of the shop. Stepping out a force washed over Mal as he began his approach directly behind the incoming shield using it as cover to get his melee ass close range to these Bastards. Once Close he go for a near by alley way out of there sight. He had plan as he turned putting his back to the turning wall and lvl the shot gun for the narrow pathway. If they wanted him, then they had to come get him(again no clue what kind of shot gun i grabbed or what it does, will let you decide what happens if the trigger is pulled oh by the way, Charge 4)=e=
MaliceD
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NPC-Roster on Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:33 am

(For the sake of expediency I'm going to try and do what I used too do and respond to posts as practical, if I skip you, I will acknowledge and factor in your next post as necessary. Also any of you can post at your earlier convenience if you would all prefer not to maintain the posting order for the fight-sequence, however if several rounds pass without a person taking a turn, well have to wait for them to post in again for the sake of continuity unless said person tells us to skip them. If anyone is unclear feel free to ask me. Also this does not necessarily mean every post will get an immediate response either. This will just hopefully speed along the process.)

The bursts of shrapnel and heated electrified vaporizing mass was not exactly accurate, the men not expecting a full out assault from the very area they were firing into. However it did not need to be very accurate for it to hit, but he was able to tank most of it, and avoid the nastier bits it seemed. It would take more than this to take the youth down, which was why the other followed the Elementian. The youth took to the roof-tops just as the Galvery prepared to make his shots, drawing twin knives from his belt, and throwing them in a single motion as he made a swaying motion towards his left, shifting his right foot slightly back while his knees remained bent from his landing upon the roof. The slung knives took on a malevolence all their own, accelerating in their twin-spirals to the point they created a faint buzzing sound in their wake, a violet sheen coating the blades as they glimmered with bedazzling after-images that was not just the byproduct of their speed but how they reflected light. The straight 8 inch daggers were meant to make contact with the youths guns at the handles of the Elementian and knock the shots off course, as well as sever the digits of his hands. Though this was probably unlikely.

The youths ambiguous motion done as he drew and threw the knives, left him prepared to react to Galverys response, if the attack came the youths way he was prepared to at least move, and was potentially already moving even amidst his attack in case Galvery suddenly switched targets to snap-fire.  The thrown knives ideal point of impact would cause Galvery to fire towards the street away from the battle entirely. A space of 12 feet separating both of them as "Patrekk" smiled showing shark like teeth, and orange tinted eyes. The Buzzing knives continuing to traverse their allotted paths unless impeded while long fingered taloned hands twitched...

As for Malice, assuming Galverys attack did not go off, his own would be successful, though if Galvery was able to get his blasting attack off, Malices strained barrier might not be able to stand up to the firepower the guns had to offer, and he might suffer collateral damage. Regardless the ruffians were initially pushed back some staggering and a few even firing into each other killing a couple, and wounding a few. However Hren with his cudgel also smashed it against the barrier, using innate and impressive strength, plus the hardened surface of the bludgeons mass to focus the maximum amount of force possible through the point of impact and smash through the weakening barrier and power through past it. If successful the motion was diagonal downward and would smash through the meta-shield, carrying to the ground and breaking stone as it hit the cracking pavement creating a small crater upon the strikes crescendo along with a tremor that probably would have staggered an average person if they were within 6 feet or so. Without delay Hren would then raise the cudgel and its violet aura would carry over to the broken fragments and shards of rock firing them upward like shrapnel at Malice, a fairly wide conical spray that would also kick up dust to potentially blind the Orc or lacerate his eyes. He was not giving the Orc the opportunity to move to the alley it seemed, unless Malice managed to persevere against the assault.

Regardless of success Hren would rush forward with the force of the upswing closing in at Malice with cudgel raised above his head, as his left hand joined the right on the handle stepping to his own right and Malices left as he did so, with the 4 foot long rod held somewhat akin to a batters stance, favoring a position that was above the shoulder and across Hrens right side.

It seemed that the Hobbes-Family was not fucking around, and a direct confrontation might not have been the best course of action. The odds were not unbeatable however, the men had stopped firing at Malice at least due to Hrens proximity to the Orc, but were now turning towards the stall that had more than decimated them a moment prior. However the ruffians nerves were a bit strained at this point, as they aligned their guns and spread out preparing to focus their fire upon what had so far shown itself to be the biggest threat. (Ayla)

(For sake of clarity the Monster Officers are using an innate ability that allows them to curse objects through tactile-contact by using them as a channel for their ill-intent in order to modify/enhance the capabilities/attributes of their actions or objects they are implementing, at the cost of their own "energy pool". In addition this also can allow them to bestow certain effects etc. )

(Just remember the "Escape Command" is viable if things get too hairy lol.)

NPC-Roster
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayla_Stark on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:08 pm

Ayla continued to watch at Malice fought to keep the shield up though noticed that, despite the strength of the shield and of Malice, that it was beginning to weaken against the firepower. As the orc began to move, she looked around as if wondering whether to follow him or attempt to fight by herself. Even a weakened shield was better than no shield. So her thoughts told her. As she had had very little battle experience on this scale, she assumed that the same rules applied in either situation. If only she had learned shielding magic like that...what little she had learned had been focused on changing appearance and enchanting weapons but the latter would much longer than she had and the former was of no use to her at the moment. She looked down at the crossbow bolts she had grabbed. She had managed to get a few quivers full so she could last for a while but how many were out there? Something seemed to changed at that moment. As she lifted herself only slightly to peer out of the window again, she noticed the visible group was more spread out. She knew exactly what it meant as she was the only one in that vicinity of whatever remained of the shop. Loading another one of the exploding darts carefully, she slipped both quivers onto her back slowly, only after she fired it did she turn to try to find another door out. Not knowing the layout beyond the front of the shops itself, she knew it may be a questionable escape, if it was an escape at all.
Ayla_Stark
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvery on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:25 pm

It was fortunate that distance was on his side when it came to the firearms such as the shotguns and frag-guns, missing just barely with the plasma ridden substance. Though the bee bees of the shot gun shells pierced his flesh the muscle stood ironclad as blood coursed down his bare flesh. The warms of his own blood was remotely calming letting him know he was still alive. There was a bang as the handcannon was knocked from his grip, but the Hand of the Oiad kept his fingers intact within the metal, oaidium possessing 3x's the strength of Earth borne titanium; however, remaining just below legendary metals such as vibranium and adamantium. Roaring to life the entity within the gauntlet lets out an electromagnetic burst strong enough to repel the dagger aloft and perhaps whatever effects it might of had. The half-blood Elementian widens his gaze as he feels the ki or spiritual energy slowly used from his core essence and then watches as the electromagnetic pulse continues out like a wave of power, killing anything that uses electricity within a three hundred yard radius, but those closer to its influence would feel the insurmountable force generated.

Falling back he holds himself against the neighboring wall as he steadies himself, but in that second time to him seems to slow to a crawl and the world around him takes on a oily affect. The blue orb returns floating before him as his speaks, emitting light like bolts of lightning with every word, "Use my power the Hand of the Oiad if you desire to live beyond today." It only lasted a fraction of a second but the All-Creater releases the young Galvery to the world once again to eye his opponent. This would be his first real face to face conflict. Looking to the clawed gauntlent he closes his eyes to concentrate his ki, which then electricity rumbles from the relic to slither about it till engulfing his entire body to charge his eyes with the unbridled wrath of Zues himself in the ancient god had existed. Gripping his stave tightly it extends to equal length of a six foot bowstaff. He takes his stand turning his wrist to implant the butt int the stone too and draws his left leg back, bringing his right leg to the brunt while eying his opponent in readiness.
Galvery
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliceD on Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:17 pm

(Charge 5, Holocaust) Sanctuary had weakened to the bullets but what finally broke Through it was that cudgel of their leader. The shrapenal came after spiraling toward him along with the dust it picked up. Everything inclose Range suddenly sparked with white flames, the air its self burned as the flames of his soul backed by his words sent a wave of inferno eating away at the shrapenal and dust until nothing was left. The streets and building around his 30ft by 30 ft area where melted and molten everything within the area would have suffered terrible harm if all went to plan. Metals would boil and drip even his own Nemisis Gauntlets where glowing a cherry red. Smoke fumed from his Aegis armor before a smile cracked from his now blackened face, that soon was covered by what appeared to be the aegis armor stretching and form fitting over ever part of his body. The orc felt this was important Alright Lad, lets dance (charge 6, Hammerhand) the energy that had been collect now forced there way throughout his entire body collecting power, the energy wouldn't be released no turned inside to fuel his own destructive strength and Endurance. At the very least he had to keep this leader busy why they delt with the others( didn't make it into the alley)
MaliceD
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NPC-Roster on Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:54 pm

The explosive force of the Impulse was concentrated enough to severely weaken the roof-top Galvery was standing on by virtue of its proximity from the expanding "shock-wave" while buildings in Market were not always exactly up to "regulation standards". As it stood Patrekk was ill prepared to deal with this, and his knives were deflected but returned to him just as the impulse blasted him away off the roof and through the second story window of another house. Though the roof beneath Galvery also gave way, collapsing under the kinetic blast as parts of the roof/upper walls were blasted outward.

Fortunately for Hren his dense cartilage body had insulating properties, he certainly was among the toughest buggers one might see in these parts, even so his skin was burned to a moderate degree suffering 1st degree burns, but he pressed onward and made a home-run swing at Malice's center of mass with both hands, doubling the power the cudgel had had in its previous swing. A surge of power accelerated the attack increasing its power several dozen fold with enough force to send a mach truck rolling several times over. Malice probably did not weigh -quite- that much but it was meant to hit with little delay as the Orc sought to immolate everything around him, catching him amidst the action. The attack itself ideally capable of smacking the Orc through several stalls and through the glass bottom window of the building Loonstro was currently in, also obviously intended to break bones as well. The fire attack had assaulted the ruffians who were fleeing, while some had been charred to a crisp, but was Ayla okay amidst the attack as well? Was she within the radius of the inferno?

A show was certainly being made and before long the entire block was filled with the noise of the battle.

NPC-Roster
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top