Sanctum Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The changing face of the future

Go down

The changing face of the future Empty The changing face of the future

Post by Arcerion Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:13 pm

Arcerion had a need to talk with his niece, and in as private a setting as he could manage. Her club should provide the cover he needed, after all it had been rather rude of him not to pay his respects in a place that brought in a noticeable amount of wealth for a fringe system. Traveling by starship however brought far too much attention, and not having set foot on Rosa Decidua there was no gate established between the two. So within his private chambers in Sydokai he did something he actually rarely made known to others he was still connected too. He prayed, in his own way. Extending his voice outwards in the words he and Thargor had learned to commune with the true Highlord, Eaa. The firmament around him, warped and consumed his body, transporting him to the realm of what he thought was nothingness as Thargor had described it. His consciousness protected by his power and faith. This No Space, served as a link to anything that was not warded, or contained a connection to it.

In this case the office’s of Heaven’s Blade was his destination, a shadowy corner his entrance point. Bending space for normal co-location travel was taxing on the power pools, but this served a much better and less taxing form of transportation. Stepping forth from the Eaa Linked space, the only announcement of his coming presence was the sound of water pipes groaning before he simply was. Arcerion did not need to impress his niece, years of conquering and trusting her with knowledge beyond even some of the lower caste nobles would of done just this. So Arcerion stood in the same way he had stood before her father Mundus. Disheveled hair of black to snow white, a simple unbuttoned long coat, and shirt beneath it, with black slacks and battle worn boots. Of course his chains were ever present, when were they not? The predatory grin upon his face spoke that he’d come to make something more than a simple house call. There were things that needed to be discussed here, that could not of been done at the bar with Nabonasar. And maybe he might find something else out about their connection here.

He looked to any obvious screens, with business data or musical data about what was currently being pumped through the club’s speakers. He did always have a fascination with music, so he found a place like this to be perfect for someone of true Shuinsai capabilities. “Is this what the fringes listen to then? An interesting mix no doubt. Easy to hide subliminal audio commands. Spend more, enjoy yourselves, tell the servers your secrets.” Maybe he assumed too much of her, maybe this was just music for music’s sake. No catches, and nothing that could interfere with business.

However Nebu and maybe other associates that were there reacted to his presence he would simply wave away, the old Arcerion persona was so much easier to keep going then the emperor one he had woven for himself after ages. “As much as I would like to say this was a simple visit, I would be lying to family. You know what high respect I hold you in. The face of our whole collective of miscreants and misfits is changing. The Bales become more active in the passing months, and new pets are brought into the fold, along with old faces. You recall the Prison I assume? An emperor abandoned his duty, and now resides in sydokai. A reality may fall with his departure, but we have interesting recordings. Of our prisoner in action.” Hopefully that peaked his niece’s interest.
Arcerion
Arcerion
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

The changing face of the future Empty Re: The changing face of the future

Post by Arcerion Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:10 am

Arcerion simply looked outwards at the floors and listened to the music and observed the flashing images. Cute, and a nice way to keep the mood ever changing. He could appreciate it, there were morsels out there he could feed off of, though he didn’t take the desired potential banquet, that would be rude. After all encroaching on another’s territory was bad form, and already he was dangerously close to another of his kin. As she mentioned that she wouldn’t do something like that he gave his niece a sidelong glance and grin, knowing that she would in fact pull something like that. It was their way to manipulate the mortal population to their end goals. By whatever means possible. When a drink was offered he would nod. “Some red wine, the people say it helps with digestion, and I’ve just finished a rather large banquet. More nobles rising to their calling. You know, my duties are so bothersome sometimes. But if one of them can prove useful it will be worth it to stomach their cuisine.

He wandered the ground of the floor almost aimlessly, then again when Arcerion was thinking. He was notorious for pacing not unlike a man who awaited news of his wife in the delivery room, while his thoughts wandered, certainly much better than the self-harm he did while alone. As she mentioned Helivant he would grin. “The fleshcrafter yes. While he is quite abrasive he has a loyalty to the Empress that I won’t doubt. Though I’m sure he has ulterior motives, he won’t be able to get far without our blessings, considering the state of things.

When she mentioned erring on the side of caution he would ponder it over. He could display power and ward the room from intrusion, and yet if the King in his service thought it best to go somewhere else he would not deny her such things. “Yes I believe caution to be of the utmost importance. While I highly doubt that our enemies delve into the art of information gathering to the degree we do, I would not put it past a single patron down there to be plants from our enemies. Internal or external, it is best we discuss my reason for coming unannounced in private.

He could of waited to be lead away before continuing the whole of the conversation, but he liked the thought of beings having a presence here that they might report to their masters. All it would take would be well timed words to set his enemies on the defensive. So while they waited for transportation, or moved towards the heights of the tower Arc would speak. “I’ve a very interesting recording from your cousin Sergei. It may yet be time that we pick up the blade again, I wonder just what your information network has told you.” He pondered a moment what other tidbits he should drop should they in fact be under observation. “I suppose I’ll have to take a harsher hand with Jophiel. She is doing what she can to keep her betrothed under control.” He chuckled at the whole of it, so easily manipulated were those in love. Their minds not as focused as their elders and betters. Once they reached the pinnacle of Heaven’s Blade, and not a moment before would Arc keep his thoughts more or less to himself. Surely now his niece knew that there would be more to come. Not simple facts of the ongoing state of politics she could easily gleam. No there were other things he had kept almost entirely to himself, thing which could change the future of Dorian. Some might see this as him paying a visit to his niece, in reality he was consorting with one of his closest advisors.
Arcerion
Arcerion
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcerion Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:25 pm

Arcerion continued his pacing, eyeing everything and keeping his mind working along with everything that his senses gave him. Finally as his niecesettled down his eye's wandered over her for a moment and he grinned for just a moment. A creature of her own design, if she had decided to turn off her other worldly charm, it would certainly take a concerted effort on her own part. He adored that about her, as logical as she could be and manipulative, she never hid her nature. It made her trustworthy in an odd way to the exercion emperor. An advisor who spoke her mind without fear of ramifications was harder to find than a flaw in celesin tactics.

"The Bales enjoy their magics and wards more than most. I find each of them and their motives to be wild cards which can be used to further our goals so long as we keep them sated and on long leashes. I prefer only to yank on the leash when they cross a line even I wouldn't cross. So it is a rare time that any of them need a lesson taught to them. So long as he works for us, we'll have no problems from Helivant, and his flesh crafting could be useful to potentially recreate works from my age if I can gain enough information." As the red wine was delivered to him he would nod appreciatively to Saee, eyeing the woman for a moment before giving her a smile which showed no teeth. He appreciated her services even in some small form. He sipped he wine and enjoyed the vintage. Thinking a moment he could understand where people had understood that it actually helped with digestion. Yes this would help calm his upset stomach.

As they ascended to the penthouse he would talk as planned before, giving plants to whatever things were listening, but once within the actual penthouse he would return to his usual method of thinking. Taking in everything here, and subtly testing his will against the wards in place here. Once the emperor was satisfied with the integrity of it all he would hear his niece and respond in kind. "I as always leave your races affairs with you. Though having two weaponized Kings within one alliance? It may come down to an offer that is too good to pass up." As for Celesin, well that just brought a grin to him. "Cut your main foe off from their allies. However small, they have proven to Mesiphidon that they are at least worthy of a Kings attention. Better to bring them into their fold now before they gain any form of true power. Plus our ground presence at the moment is limited in comparison. I doubt they even realize what I've made in Korel and its purpose. So if they wish to war with Black Sun, they are welcome to. Allowing us more time to sit back and gather our power base." He waited a moment for any response from his niece before he would remove a small cluster of gems from his pocket. Crushing one effortlessly in his hand he would cause the recording Sergei had given him to play for them. Activating from the moment he had chirped in his native language. It wasn't a matter of a recreation, they were currently seeing the whole event play out before them from Sergei's perspective. Cutting off as he took the small prince away from the discussion, and giving tentative glances back at Ghanima.

He watched her reaction to it all, before giving her a brief moment to take it all in and think it over before speaking again. "Quite an event indeed. It seems sooner rather than later I shall be summoned by Black Sun to deal with our alliance with them. As I said, war may be the only way to add time to the clock." He chuckled a moment and tossed another gem into the air and caught it, almost for dramatic emphasis. Crushing this one would cause the palace recording of him an Zaro's interactions to play out before Nebuchadnezzar. Repeating the action once more he would speak this time. "But wait! There's more!" This next recording was one of multiple view points, enough that it would cover the whole of the penthouse in many views as their prisoner broke out of the prison and wreaked havoc upon Zaro's home reality. Decimating forces left and right until finally something blazing in the distance cut off all communications with that version of Dorian. However the amount of time those recordings played out were long enough to get a true taste of just what Noque would be capable of if released.

When all the information was given he would look to her and sip his wine with a little smirk. "I'm sure that was a lot of information to take in. I'm prepared to answer any questions you might have for me. After all you could hardly properly advise me without the full picture of what we work with." He waited, thinking everything over for moments and waiting to answer questions. Surely she would be full of them, from the knowledge of other Exercions they had never counted on, to the fact that Celesin was an ever present force at least on one other realm. However Arcerion had one pressing question, something he had wanted to ask potentially for years.

"I'm sure you've read our texts, you know of Thargors old religion of the Highlords. The power it grants his followers. Can you shed any light onto this concept of Nothingness he brought before us? I feel its immense power may be something I may need to bring to bear against our enemies in time."
Arcerion
Arcerion
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down