Sanctum Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jump Off

5 posters

Go down

The Jump Off Empty Re: The Jump Off

Post by Meng-Die Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:49 pm

In chat log so far:

Fenris arrived via drop-ship from an ship to the North, sent on a southward trajectory past the barbary straight and into southern Discordia. The drop-ship was rather simple, and archaic for Celesin design but it would get the job done. It moved quickly past the grey-plains before its steep decline brought it at the edge of the great-cliffs. The cylindrical pod slowed in its descent as its black colour shined slightly when it made land-fall causing a noticable boom but a controlled one that was not excessive, a crater forming beneath the pod as its built in shock-absorbers allowed the passengers other than Fenris inside to survive. After about 30 seconds the pods front area opened up and Fenris traversed out first, with 8 Ultonis behind him as he stepped out into the plain about a mile from the cliffside. Another 10 seconds and Fenris would look at his men. "Four establish a perimeter and make camp... The other four come with me..."

20:11:21 -Vivi- gave no sign of noticing, but of course how could it, given it was likely in the castle istelf, still, there was a surrounding feeling of....offness, but of course if one was not expecting that here, one was quite foolish, although here it was amplified, clearly coming from up the cliff, but almost...unrestrained. If any among them relied on magic from the world around them they may fin it oddly muted here; the sense only growing worse if they drew closer to the castle itself. Perhaps the strangest thing even a non-sensitive person might notice however would be the trees in the immediate area, seeming to react to the sound and sway towards it, those further out gently, but those within a hundred yards of the booming noise violently thrashing. One of the nearby ones splashed into one of the terrible looking puddles of liquid not too far off and seemed to get simply stuck from a moment before pulling away with strings of the tarry substance still attacked. Overhead in the clear blue sky the first of the<C>

20:11:29 [-Vivi-] birds began to circle; so high above it might even appear normal....

20:41:29 [Fenris] The Four he left behind nodded, two moved to opposite sides at the 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock while the other two went inside the drop-pod emerging a few seconds afterwards with a bundle of what looked like weird wooden rods that were greenish grey in colour. The four with the rods planted them into the earth, creating a radius of 50 feet with 8 Rods in total forming a circle. When planted the men worked with a device which released a pulse as the green-rods grew of their own accord blooming into trees which changed colour and texture to match those of the landscape. Potruding 20 feet in the air each and spouting branches. From the "trunks" of the false trees a fine mist began to waft upward. The men then returned in the pod to get more devices to continue the process of establishing camp, while the other two moved with grace-

20:41:40 [Fenris] -upon the newly created branches of the false-trees to give them a higher vantage point with their bows crouching upon the branches and activating their cloaking mechanisms to bend the light around them to create a blending effect. The Alis were for the most part humans, relying on advanced technology as their main way to cope in the world of Nexxus that pertained to violence. However Fenris felt the hair on the back of his neck stand on end, he knew he was an interloper here but his own power was both innate and a part of the realm he was independent but even if he was not suppressed he knew the things here would be in their home territory. He would tread lightly.-

20:42:01 [Fenris] -He saw the puddles of tarry substance and nodded to his men. "Watch where you step, be mindful of the wildlife as well." he muttered as he gestured at the birds. They moved like ghosts upon the field quickly and gracefully the group taking long leaping strides that covered dozens of meters in a single bound as if they were all moving in low gravity. When they reached the tunnel Fenris looked at one of the Ultonis who nocked an arrow into his bow and fired it into the tunnel, where it would traverse several meters inward before hitting the ground. The shot fired as the group moved on either side of the tunnel as the arrow exploded into shrapnel to embed itself into the walls and any living things inside if there were any. If there was no reaction Fenris would traverse first into the mouth of the cavern, remaining vigilant, a blade in his left hand that was akin to a short sword but perfectly clear.-

20:42:33 [Fenris] -he sniffed the air lightly seeking the most prevalent and more subtle scents in the tunnel, and moved ahead as his men followed behind, one facing with him, the other two facing behind to cover their entry as they slowly made their way through the tunnel.

[-Vivi-] The reaction tot the explosion was swift and quite violent. Something that maybe was once a wolf or related to it was torn apart, another severely wounded – but it was most notable what the wounded wolf-thing did, not limp away but immediately go on the offensive. It was easily larger than a horse; its flesh covered in not fur but thick black insect-like natural armor with patches of quills covering it where fur would have been thickest; its mouth split at the lower jaw as it snarled at the men and advanced – quickly considering its limp. It would likely be cut down but it showed no fear; its mad eyes wanted only revenge on those that had hurt it. But of course they'd seen what had come out of the sewers; what lived here could only be expected to be far worse in how twisted it had become. Once the wolf-like creature was dealt with it would be a relatively smooth if dark trip through the tunnel. Apparently defending this place hadn't been high on the list of the War Beast's priorities. It was only when they<C>

20:55:38 [-Vivi-] were around there quarters of the way through that anything changed; there was a sudden wind through the tunnel a black red mist barreling over them faster then the wind that should have carried it and yet without ruffling a hair unlike the wind; but it puled back in as abruptly as it had come out. Fen might know what it meant; might not, but even if he didn't the outcome and eventual reveal would be the same; at the other end of the tunnel the goo that typically flowed around it and left the path clear ahead defied physics; parting at the top as normal but drawing back together, and hands seemed to reach from it; made of only that substance as though it poured over invisible flesh; but hands that did not reach past the border laid out by the thickness of the supporting pillars...

The men came out of the pod, one carrying more of those false-tree rods, the other carrying discs, in a pouch and a shovel. One began to plan more tree's within the radius of the others creating a makeshift "thicket". They were going to be here for a bit probably, since extraction would take time. The one with discs planted them around the edge of the first 8 "trees" planting proximity mines while the other planted another 4 trees, and then went back to get more, as the others stood guard.- The vigilance of "Vengeance" was rewarded as the beast came in, they did not go in and allowed it come out while being flanked two arrows came from opposite sides one aimed at its head the other aimed at its side each one emitting a shockwave upon impact that could possibly liquify the wounded beasts inside and crack its shell. Once it was dead the men took extra time to carefully drag its carcass away towards the side of the caves mouth, in a ditch. Once inside the men and Fenris were subject to the wind, Fenris narrowing his gaze as it happened. -
-"Be vigilant." he was not sure what it meant but it probably meant their presence had now been discovered in earnest at any-rate, or they had tripped some sort of defensive mechanism. "Plant some explosives in the walls." one of the men nodded and began setting charges backtracking as another covered him with the arrow. Fenris was not leaving anything to chance if he could help it, he could imagine being chased through these tunnels by a horde of abominations, and having a trump card might be nice, though it would be dangerous to collapse the tunnels if they were in them, if timed right it could save them as well. Eitherway it was an option they would have on the way back assuming they made it that far.-
-It was rare Fenris felt a bit threatened, but he knew "Operation-Longarm" would require all his tactical skill. He had the option of back up, but for now he would try to be as subtle as possible. He stayed a distance from the "barrier of hands" at the end of the tunnel and looked at his men. "Stay clear." he picked up a stone and chucked it at the barrier to see what happened. It seemed perhaps that mist had been some sort of "security-mechanism". "We might have to try traversing over the cliff..." such a thing might mean suicide for most men, or be impossible but such feats of mobility were well within Fenris' and the Ultonis' abilities. He tested the thresh-hold first however, this was not a race yet afterall.

:29 [-Vivi-] The wolf was no challenge, nor was it meant to be; just a careless thing caught in a life it was never meant to have and twisted over generations by this place. The hands though; they were a different story; one of them deftly reached out and caught the stone as it drew near; and things began to change; the arms all drew together from both sides joining into that one as the curtain of goo pulled back from the edges and moved inwards only to block the path ahead It spoke, with a voice Fenris would not be entirely unfamiliar with, it was the voice of Erna in its other worldy quality but it was different; it was not malice in it but resignation, and almost kind of pain; things echoed in it terribly as well, as though it held the dying gasps of the carvings it poured from they could not see lining the walls within itself. These carvings, those close enough anyways, also moved as the curtain pulled back, their faces, still twisted by the pain, turned and tracked the movement of the men; and as the thing spoke<C>

21:28:42 [-Vivi-] some of their lips moved with it. ”The memory of Malice says you are Fenris.” it stated, a face pushing itself from the remaining curtain of goo blocking the path; the face taking up almost the entirety of the curtain above the remaining hand with the stone grasped in it. It tossed the stone into the pit the path and the balcony/gazebo was over. ”I do not often get visitors” it inhaled, that wind again for a moment ”Let alone ones that smell so much of Him and yet bring no army. That is quite a disappointment” it tilted its face to the side ”I always root for them you know; but thats not the point, why are you here?” it asked
/me He had almost expected the pebble to be caught, and recognized the voice of erna, but knew he was speaking to another aspect of the creature. Aspects within aspects it seemed. "I know better than to bring an army..." he said as he looked at his men. "Leave the cave, if I do not come out then maintain the perimeter of base-camp till the extraction and inform the Imperium." he told his men. He did not want to lose any of them in this mission. He looked back at the hand. "I know better than to bring an army... That would only work in your favor." he replied evenly. He grinned at the question. "To be quite frank I do not know why I am here." he said semi-truthfully. "That has yet to be decided..." he recalled that he had been told from his researchers that there Erna's core had been seperated, perhaps the second core was what drove this aspect which for now seemed to be a "guardian" of sorts. "You are the other half of Erna are you not?" he asked. (Maugris and his researchers.*)

21:50:13 -Vivi- 's guardian seemed to care a lot less then Erna about needling the man on ”I guess that’s true; but what other way is there to destroy this place?” it laughed at what Fen said next; it couldn't help it, but it was a sad one ”You come here without even knowing why? Do you know how many would not come here even with good reason? I envy your freedom, little mortal.” it paused and considered. ”Is that what its taken to calling itself these days? I am the other Gemini, yes; I am....I don't know your word for it. Sorrow, Pain, Loss. I am the first made of His three angels; for He cares for what I hold least.” it paused again ”You should be lucky; He finds you entertaining, as is the empire you come to represent. Most of the time He'd have told me to cast you into the abyss by now.” The faces that were watching the men before turned towards the place all the goo seemed to be going under the castle momentarily. The curtain of goo, however, still did not clear the path. ”Of

21:50:24 [-Vivi-] course, I do not advise testing His patience nonetheless; without business, your kind has no place here.” Indeed, within the walls there might be what feels like a reversal of how Vivi usually feels; instead of the creature or the place feeling off; one tended to feel as though they should not be here; that they are the ones that do not belong; they are the affront to this reality.

Fenris The less this creature knew about Fenris the better. Deception, misdirection, anonymity, these were resources to be exploited in this endeavor. He would play the part the creature gave him for now. He did not boast or assume he had the capability to avoid this "abyss" it spoke of, but he would tread lightly. "I said I did not know what I was here for, not that I did not have buisness. I will not disturb you more than I have already then..." he said as he turned to go. This was obviously Vivi's territory, Fenris was trying to figure just how much it could impose its authority here. It had the capacity to banish beings, though it did not yet know the extent of what Fen was or perhaps it did not care, if the latter was true they shared that in common. "I will leave this place then." he said inclining his head to the doorway and making his way outside the cave unless stopped but remaining vigilant. He had gleaned much more than he had previously known even from this brief sortie, but he did not plan on -
-trying to "destroy" this place for it would only feed the beast. No he had subtler plans. He was not the hammer of the Imperium, but the sword, the knife.

(X)

a day after the initial meeting, the nightsky was rife with what seemed like shooting stars. Dozens of drop-pods dropped from orbit half of which falling in Southern discordia the other half falling in Northern discordia. Within hours each squad within each pod would establish a thicket, and each Pod landed a few miles apart from each other as they established their base camps. Within each pod were six months worth of rations and various necessities and supplies. However Fenris knew they would have to find someway to renew such supplies which would be their next order of buisness after establishing perimeters. Overall there would be over 200 Alis Ultonis present if nothing was done to stop the small-scale invasion.-
Each squad would follow the same protocols of the first establishing a "thicket" around the landing zone. They would then go about scouting their respective territories adding to a collective "map" of the area and recording practical data and collecting samples of the tar-pits, soil, and water. Overall these initial actions would require about 3 days to achieve. In the meantime Fenris was waiting on word from the envoys he had sent, maintaining the initial base-camp, as his own men scouted out the area around them short of passing through the tunnel which lead to the Fortress. Fenris was being vigilant, he knew he was in incredibly hostile territory, and was mindful that the land itself might turn against them.

-Vivi- reacted in a way Fenris might not have been expecting, but he was most certainly among the first to witness it given the location of his camp. The massive cliff wall began to ripple, as thought thousands – maybe even millions – of limbs and faces pressed against it, straining to get out, some human sized, some as massive as several story homes, but then the wall returned to its flat state and there was suddenly thick mist everywhere on the gray plains; winds increasing as it began to move towards and seemingly vanish at the wall with alarming speed – but it lasted no more than a second or two before the mist was gone. It was quiet for a second before the castle itself was suddenly visible above the cliff; not moving towards them by any means, but simply rising directly upwards with brilliant white light pouring from its windows. From within the inner rim of the wall the four statue pairs at the cardinal directions stopped flowing downwards and starting flowing upwards in spiraling patterns towards the<C>

17:10:22 [-Vivi-] castle, separating itself from the main mass after a large orbiting ring formed around the castle, stretching until it was a half-sphere covering the top of the castle. Suddenly, it pulled apart into even sized spheres of the substance then compressed downwards into hardened crystals roughly eight feet tall each. The speed of their orbit increased rapidly before they began to get flung off one after another with echoing shock waves; riding on blasts of that white energy at seemingly random trajectories and speeds. The castle began to lower again. Most of the crystals would land in wilderness, a few near towns, one had the luck to land in a farmer's field someplace; another crashing through a home, and more than a couple into the oceans; none however wold land in north or south Discordia, nor near them. In the unlikely event someone had thought to count, there would have been 238 in all.

Fenris Fenris foresaw the castles emergence. "Well well..." he muttered. as his men braced for what might come. The shards fired were too numerous to intercept but when Fen felt the ripple he prepared his own inner power. One of the shards traversing overhead would be intercepted by a movement of his blade focusing his power through it as it resonated. A thrust given at the speed of sound meant to knock the shard off course and send it flying a few miles east of his base-camp. "Three come with me, four establish a perimeter and guard the camp, one establish communications with our other forces and let them know what just happened, keep in contact and share information." he said as him and the three he called moved out assuming he was able to intercept and ground oneof the shards.

:09 [Fenris] hes projecting a concussive sound wave through the thrust of his blade if that was unclear.* so its a projectile kinetic attack.

-Vivi- made no further efforts to guide the shards, and thus, Fenris would be able to down the one he aimed for; it crashed tot he ground, leaving a crater but no other visible effects. It did not shatter or indeed even appear marred by the force of the blow or the landing. Here it felt like more of the same – but they should know what that meant, the thing didn't feel right at all when taking in context of normalcy. It was as hard as a diamond but otherwise it seemed inert, slightly translucent black gem of massive size

17:25:48 Fenris Fenris narrowed his gaze suspecting things already. He took his blade and extended it tapping the diamond like substance and projecting a vibration through it along any existing fault-lines. His men hung back with their bows nocked. Fenris knew this was only a prelude, a test, perhaps even a way of being mocked but he knew whatever this thingwas it was dangerous and there were 237 more to worry about. He wanted to understand what this thing was as soon as possible.

-Vivi- continued to plan from within its castle. That had gone well enough; it didn't pay attention to what they did after or much care – the piece, separated from either of its cores, evaporated readily as the creature opened its eyes from within its throne room again. Entertainment was always good – time was endless, amusement was not.

18:48:24 Fenris Fenris called for Meng-Die who had come within one of the several dozen drop-ships. He had planned on putting her in charge of the northern front, however the advent of the strange black crystals had changed things. Intel had told him that the others had not reacted the same way as the one he shot down. THey were also sturdy and hard to destroy, so Fenris might have to authorize the use of fused-magi shots which would kind of hurt his resources but it could not be helped. The sooner he could get a larger distracting force the better. He called Meng to brief her on the objectives of the operation and share intel so she would be well placed too act. Fenris awaited her arrival in the makeshift thicket that surrounded the drop-pod him and his own squad had initially landed in. It was guarded along its perimeter by Ultonis on the synthetic tree-tops who were remaining vigilant from anymore tomfoolery from the chaos beast.

18:58:40 Meng Die didn't like the look of this land. At all. No one did, but, it wasn't simply the nightmarish aesthetic, gray grass, the blackened and withered flora and a complete lack of fauna but the layout of the terrain. Meng wasn't worried about a lack of pretty colors and spring flowers but the disadvantages that the land exhibited. But, they were Ultonis-- they'd figure it out. Eight other people shuffled out of the pod behind their captain; all of them wearing muted gray tactical ponchos with hoods that belted over the shoulder and left slits on either side of the shoulders for the wearer to easily use their arms. Considering they were rangers who used blades, batons and so forth it was necessary. Fashion choices aside it would be Meng who stopped and observed the others doling out the disks for the synthetic trees and 'planting' them as ordered. Soon enough she spotted the gray of her Primoris' master's cape and approached him; silent on her feet as usual. -
18:58:47 [Meng Die] Once she felt secure enough to do so, as per training and paranoia, she dropped briefly to one knee and put her right fist over her heart. The two satellite soldiers behind her did the same. 'Primoris Ultonis.' She looked visibly shaken, if briefly, while letting her dark eyes scan over the terrain once again. A hand bedecked in fingerless gloves and a gauntlet spraypainted deep slate so recently that it still smelled ran through her close cropped black hair. Sure, she'd done a number of alien landscapes before but this one, for some reason was particularly unsettling. Meng also knew she'd worn the unconventional expression and immediately tucked it in with the hopes he wouldnt bring it up in front of her underlings.

19:11:35 Alphonse_Elric had been picked up by a drop ship. It had been an odd ride from one location to the other. "This place feels wrong." The young man murmured to himself so quietly one would have to strain to hear him. He had been studying far too much for his own good. Kitsuko had instructed him in the ways of life force energy. Energy that not only coursed through one's own body but also through the very planet that all living beings thrived on. A planet's natural energy that was otherwise known as chi in some places. He had learned some over the time he had been spent studying along with the human anatomy and some medicinal arts. The coloring of the area also added a dreary feeling to it all. Unlike the dark uniforms that the others wore in this pod, he had chosen something lighter. His green coat with a white t-shirt and blue sweats said it all about his choice in camoflauge. His blond hair was still as golden as ever. His golden pupils assessed the others who were quick to plant what appeared to be disks of some--
19:11:42 [Alphonse_Elric] -- sort. The alchemist moved quietly from the pod, casting a wary glance over his shoulder at the advanced machine, before trailing onward to the assembled group with a suitcase in hand. Al didn't know how long he would be here. He hadn't gotten to know much of the men and women who were part of this group. Only that they worked for Fenris of Olfwood as part of the Celesin Empire. Finally he would be before the group. "Mister Fenris." He dips his head forward in a nod to the Primoris. There was no bowing. No obvious sign of devotion or vows from the alchemist. But at the same time it wasn't the usual hate filled speeches from his elder brother either. And he and the Primoris had an understanding of some sort. Alphonse knew his brother had made (some) peace with the Prince who had murdered Rain. Perhaps wounds were finally healing for all parties. "I was told to come along and that this mission pertained to the safety of the Nexxian Kingdom. What do you need done?"

19:14:49 Fenris Fenris looked at Meng and sensed her apprehension it was to be expected she was mere mortal and it was a testament to Ultonis valor and professionalism they were able to maintain their wits in such a foreboding landscape. "At ease Meng." he told her as he looked at Al. "You remember stonehart? This is a harder version of that. I need you to be the medicus for now, but your primary responsibility will be studying the land, seeing if it can be purified and establishing hydroponic agricultural resources that are shielded from the corruption. The Ultonis are scouting the land, and it should be done in three days, when the land is figured out we will plan our next move, for now we are merely to stay and hold the line and fortify our position Mr. Elric. I have faith in you, as I do have in my subordinate." he turned to Meng. "I am putting you in charge of the Northern half of the region, several shards have been sent out from the palace, I have destroyed one but Intel says the others are not reacting the same-
19:18:34 [Fenris] -way, we must destroy the black crystals, there are a little over 200 of them, so far they have proven durable, but fused-magi shots should be more than enough to destroy them, The current objective is to establish a foot hold in the region and wait for a main-force while in the meantime finding any objectives for us to exploit. I have already heard tell of a temple that we might be making a strike team of. He got out a data-chip and gave them to Al and Meng. "This contains all the intel I have gathered and our overall goal. Study it so that we may be successful in this endeavor and stop the threat to your current homeland." he said looking back at Al. "You can catch your bearings here for now, I will be keeping Alphonse till we establish a a foothold here and then I will send him to you when he is finished. Hopefully the envoy to Jophiel will bode good news in regards to our current area. Do not eat the food here, be weary of the air, and do not touch the black tar pits they will eat you. The wild life is -
19:19:44 [Fenris] -also corrupt and highly aggressive. Do not engage in direct conflicts unless ordered." he said turning back to Meng. "The chaos-beast feeds off conflict so we must be careful in how we oppose it." he told them. "Mr. Elric might need a hazmat suit or some Ultonis gear." he said with a sigh as he took a swig from his canteen. "Any questions?"
19:19:56 [Fenris] to our current situation.*
19:22:50 [Fenris] "and dont drink the water."

19:30:46 Meng Die gripped her wrist at the small of her back and inclined her head to him in one short, curt movement before allowing herself to be literally at ease. 'As requested, Sir, I've brought the Alchemist.' She went silent as they began to speak and watched both of their faces while the exchange took place. She had a stillness about her that was almost reptilian, and, combined with her lack of a natural personal scent? Meng Die may as well have been a ghost. There was a reason they called her the Viper and it wasn't simply her tactical skill. Sadly, she could also sometimes make people uncomfortable with her presence alone. 'Sir.' was her response to being in charge of the north. Intently, she listened to him explain the deals with the shards and resisted the urge to cock a brow-- this could be a complication, couldn't it? 'When would you prefer I deployed to the north and how many suboordinates am I to be allocated?' -
19:30:58 [Meng Die] Good for her, she wasn't speaking too quickly or making a mess of herself in any way though, goddamn these lands really rubbed her the wrong way. And for the usually calm if not cold Captain Meng-Die could be unsettled by something as small as scenery something was truly wrong. She imagined she would get used to it within a couple of hours. Somewhat dirty (as usual) fingers seized the data chip and she wasted no time opening a false skin port behind her ear and sliding the chit into her HUD interface. No, the Ultonis Captain wasn't a cyborg of any sort but all Alis were augmented with several different forms of wetware. 'You say the beasts feed off of conflict? Is there anything here that might cause artificially heightened tension or adrenaline responses, Sir?' Like all Ultonis she thought several steps ahead and already wondered if she'd need to consult the mood enhancing and stabilizing provisions they'd brought along with the other supplies as was custom.-
19:31:04 [Meng Die] First aid for the militants was as much mental as it was physical and she had an idea those items might come in handy. When he was done speaking she'd wait, turn to the brightly dressed blond and addressed him. 'Please, come with me. You'll need to change Mr. Elric.'

19:45:38 Alphonse_Elric only nodded his head as he recalled the land of Stonehart. It wasn't easy and this would not be either from what he could tell of the land. His brow furrows as the request for hydroponic agricultural resources was made. "Is the corruption magical in nature? Or a result of whatever.....thing is here?" He glances down at the ground as though to indicate his clear disgust with what he was feeling. His brother had once explained the feeling of energy to him but this was something else entirely. This would be a test of his Alkahestry skill that he had only now just started to develop. Already he could feel the tension building up. This would truly be a test of his skills. "I can help establish the base around here. Helping to fortify this area with whatever structures you need for you and your troops." He would be the medicus, have to help grow the agriculture, and also help fortify their current location. And all of it not being paid for of course. But that mattered little to Alphonse. When he --
19:45:45 [Alphonse_Elric] -- had heard the truth of who this enemy was, he knew that this job needed to be done. His head turned and he raised an eyebrow as the chip was given to Meng Die and was.....inserted behind her ear. Machine? Or perhaps just a cyborg. "There could be something like that in the air if it's not breathable in some places. His corruption could add some narcotics to cause delusions if he thrives on conflict. Tainting the mind would be the best way to starting something to feed off of." He was analytical in nature and theorhetical too boot. The possibility of this creature being capable of that wouldn't surprise the alchemist in the slightest. "I'll figure it out." He nodded his head to the Primoris before turning to his Northern commander with a faint smile on his face and a nod of his head. "Of course, Miss." And if she lead the way he would take his suitcase with him as well. It was going to be a long endeavor for them all it seemed.

19:48:12 Fenris "You will be given half overall there are 240 Alis present. Which means you will have 120 under your command in the entire north but you will need to rely on local commanders to carry out your will." he told her. "The fact is this is a hard endeavor, however if you are attacked by the Wild-life or by anything respond, if not then don't engage unless I give the command. Suppressive measures such as cryogenics and fire are recommended." he told her. "The land is under the back and call of the Chaos-Beast and will follow his whims, so not only is the territory hostile it is also intelligent to a degree. It hates us and wants us out or to turn us to its cause." he told her. "This is a test of the Ultonis' capabilities, the hardest one yet." he was not mincing words with her, she had to understand the situation. " I might ask for technicians and scholars soon once we establish our presence. Laborers too, I might even bring in some magi-golems." he told her. He looked at Elric. "Both... I don't like -

19:51:08 [Fenris] -the term "magic" as it has dozens of definitions. The fact is that there is more than physics at work here possibly." he told the young alchemist. "I might want walls around this initial area, and an area a half mile away as a supply depot, beyond that when and if the main force arrives you will helping to establish their base. The Ultonis are not meant for organized defense and open conflict, the less conspicuous our locations are the better." he told Al. "That might be something to look into." he said noting the Alchemists intellect. "Above all be vigilant and careful do not take unecessary risks, this is just the first phase."

20:02:48 Meng Die '120 will be sufficient, Sir.' Meng let them speak and of course noted Alphonse watching her insert the chit behind her ear. It had to be kept in mind that he wasn't a Celesin national or from these lands in general and, thus, some things might be a bit of a culture shock to him. Or, simply, he may have just been fascinated. From his words alone she could see he had a sharp analytical nature and liked to remain fully aware of his surroundings while questioning them. All that at a glance? She wasn't the captain of the Ultonis for no reason and, that said, she had to remark that at first impression he'd have made a good number among the ranks- except for showing up in nearly every color of the rainbow, of course. 'Meng is fine. Captain Die otherwise but, please, I prefer no honorifics.' [Pronounced ”Mahn Dee”] her voice as always was steady and maybe even a little too quiet though it managed to somehow hold the authority of her station.-
20:02:52 [Meng Die] Now, she hopefully was leading the Alchemist and possibly her commander back to the pod where she'd lead Alphonse inside. 'Please disrobe.' Spoken calmly and there was no hint she acknowledged he might be body shy or simply unwilling to do so. Celesin was all too open and egalitarian when it came to these sorts of things. Lucky for him she hardly had her eyes on him while fetching an ERB helmet for him since he would need a rebreather as much as her militants did, a therm-optic camo suit and another of the deep slate military ponchos. The mouth guard would fasten easily with the poncho's flap for seamless integration. 'Would you like anything for defense? I could sign an MS baton out for you, Elric.' If needed she would assist him in donning the admittedly somewhat complicated Ultonis field wear.

20:18:11 Alphonse_Elric could only nod as the confusion of "magic" was brought up. It was an age old problem really and it wasn't likely to get resolved. "I can have the walls up in no time. Just give me a little time to adjust to the area." The Primoris wanted their current position and another supply depot walled up. He intended to do just that. The mission would be important and he intended to act as his brother might. Focused on the objective and securing its completion. The alchemist followed the Captain quietly with his case in hand. He had brought some supplies for the trip after all. "Meng then. You may call me Alphonse or Al if you want." Being referred to as "The Alchemist" would get a bit boring if they decided to go that route of titles. The young man paused at her request and only flushed for a moment before he refocused. His coat was the first to be removed and followed by the shirt. Unlike his brother, his own physique was of a larger frame. Something more akin to their father. He had stripped down --
20:18:20 [Alphonse_Elric] -- for the woman and tried to remain cool and collected as she helped him get what he needed. "No thank you, Meng." He tugged up at the pants and made sure to turn in place to get a good feel before the shirt was applied. But it was the helmet that did the trick for him. The helmet was applied and he noted how advanced the rebreather was. "One of your soldiers will likely need it more than me. If push comes to shove the terrain will be my weapon." Which could prove useful in using the terrain against itself. What kind of effect would it cause? He had to wonder if perhaps he was making a grave mistake. "So I'm in charge of the medicus, the construction of the walls, and also creating the agriculture. I'm assuming that the troops here have enough rations to hold out until I can get something worked out. The supply depot I need to make will likely also bring in food supplies until a sufficient time has passed for the hydroponics to function." His mind was analytical and quick to adjust for--
20:18:41 [Alphonse_Elric] -- the timing of everything. With a tug on his sleeve, he would turn and flash a quick smile to the Captain. "Where should we start with these walls?"

20:28:05 Fenris Meng seemed to be in fine shape to proceed. "You may move out tomorrow if you wish or sooner, so that you can acclimate." he then told Al. "Erect 12 foot walls around the circumfrence of this thicket, and make a 30 foot deep 12 foot wide ditch in front of the wall." he told the Alchemist. "And perhaps elevate the land so the trees extend over the wall." he added. "Lets focus on one thing at a time for now, and we have enough supplies to last us six months assuming they are not corrupted."

Meng-Die
nooblin
nooblin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:42 am

3 [-Batman-] It had been quite some time since Tim had gotten the chance to be out in the field. Fenris and his group probably would’ve had a harder time finding him if he hadn’t finally poked his head out. He had been underground for quite some time for various reasons but hearing that his services were needed for the sake of the city, he couldn’t refuse. He had traveled in the drop ship, alongside Al while studying the landscape below him. Unlike his more colorful friend, Tim’s suit was more….muted. A combination of advanced circuitry and light-weight armored plating, black with the red bat symbol strewn across his chest in homage to his teacher. It had been modified to adjust to these new...unnatural surroundings, Tim wasn’t taking no chances in unfamiliar territory...especially when it involved it. They had arrived, and Tim would step out with his cowl locked in place, looking through the bright white slits that began to analyze everything around him through Detective Vision. He felt...uneasy, and under -c-

18:50:30 [-Batman-] lesser training he wasn’t sure how he could’ve taken to this new land. At the very least, Fenris seemed to have gathered a fine force with him in the Ultonis Alis. In the meantime, he would await further instructions as Al was acclimated.

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:06 pm

Had not expected to get Tim-Drake and had not expected him to be dressed as he was. The concept of a "Batman" was a bit foreign to Fenris, but he had seen incarnations of this being before. It seemed to be more of a title than anything else. "Ah Mr. Drake." he said. "I am surprised you came, I want you to accompany Alphonse and study the area while also supporting him if you run into trouble. As Al will be looking into the technical aspects of this land and how to circumvent those threats, I want you to look at things tactically and think of what tactics might be useful to utilize, while also learning more about what to expect from our enemy."

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Robin Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:52 pm

Tim turned to face Fenris, giving him only a slight bow of the head in acknowledgement. "If it meant the safety of my City, than I had little choice." He had been in hiding for quite some time, though how he managed to find out that he was needed was still a bit of a mystery. "I'll do what I can, I can't say I've ever faced an enemy quite like this before..." It was a step-up from dealing with the loonies of Gotham, but luckily they had quite a force to deal with this creature and this unnatural landscape. "But I'll be sure to share a few ideas once I get a better idea of what we're up against." In the meantime, he needed to go find Al and see what the next plan was. Tim was ready to go, but Al may need time to get used to this place.

Red Robin
nooblin
nooblin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:03 pm

Fenris nodded to Tim. "Take this." he said as he handed the male a D.R.S.D or Data Receiveal Storage Device. "This will give you access to what Intel the Alis learn in real time. The first channel is for chatter, the second channel is for fundamental-intelligence." he said. "Get yourself situated and take it slow to get acclimated, this place has an ill presence about it, and it is for a reason."

He looked around. "Note that the trees are slightly different in this area, the color is a bit darker and there are pieces of red bark near the base. These trees were put here by us to partially mimic the landscape but give us cover. I assume you can make use of them, but I think the actual trees here are dangerous. I may consider doing some burning soon, but I have to prioritize." he told the male.

24 Hours later Fenris had received more intel. Apparently two-alis situated in the canyon had contracted some sort of corruption despite their support-gear. They subsequently went insane and managed to kill two more before they were subdued. It hurt, and Fenris felt anger rise up in his stomach and his chest as he let out a sigh through his nostrils like some irate animal but having a humanoid "scoff" in it.

Hopefully Alphonse would have managed to build the wall and the ditch and establish a place for the hydroponics within the thicket, though if not he understood that such things took time. Meng was probably still around as well. "Tim, Al, Meng, report to the drop-pod." he said on the comm-system before going there.

Once they met he would close the door and get own to buisness. The Drop-Pod had the seat-harnesses all along the walls that the Alis and Fenris had sat in. There was a ladder in the middle that lead up to another floor that was a meager living space/barracks. Above that was the supply room. The bottom room however was they were meeting."We lost 5 troops today because of some foul corruption on the mid-way border between north and south... I'm going to put the intel on the D.R.S.D but we have a short-term objective he told them."

"Its apparent that a major source of that corruption is coming from the Temple which is funneled into the air through the canyon. The Ultonis got some gibberish from the ones that died pertaining to Chaos-Beasts, and whats more the scouts have fond Pilgrims going towards it to worship..." he told them. "Firs order of Buisness I want Alphonse and Tim, with an escort of 5 Ultonis to make make a wall blocking the Canyon from both sides. Al will be doing the wall obviously, Tim and the Ultonis will be support and security since Al will be occupied with building the wall." he told them. "If you are in near proximity to the Canyon, you all should be wearing grav-harnesses, and protective gear. I'm not sure if the Ultonis' gear helped them or not, perhaps they got careless and took off their masks, it happens in time to time. I think if you wear enough protection you should be fine, and the grav-harnesses will help you traverse the terrain far easier." he told them.

"Meng will accompany them on their way to the southern part of the Canyon then vault over it with your grav-harness to get to the North and establish command protocols in your district of authority." he told her. "Once Alphonse has secured both sides of the canyon to lessen the corruptions effect, we will then  re-organize ourselves for the next part of the mission, which will be too destroy the temple itself. I'm hoping this can be done in no more than 48 hours, so move quickly." he told them. "Any questions or issues to be addressed before we go?"

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by ElricBrothers Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:06 pm

Time had passed. A day by the alchemist’s calculations. He had spent the day learning the land and examining it inch by inch. The detail on the walls had to be precise after all. From what he had gathered, these Alis worked as guerrilla fighters. They required stealth and fewer numbers than possible enemy forces. Fenris of Olfwood had ordered for him to build walls along with ditches in front of the wall. It would take time and just when he had been getting the land examined, night had come upon the militia and he had needed to rest. He hadn’t wanted to be out in the environment alone when it was after dark. So he waited.

Morning had arrived and he had eaten some food he had packed for the trip. Sandwiches were simple to make. The alchemist had left after that to continue surveying the circumference of their base of operations. It had taken time, but when the alchemist had finished his examinations, he had decided on getting the job started. The soil had been odd at first. In truth, all of it was feeling off to the alchemist. His “chi” senses were giving him warning signs all across the land. But none the less he went to work.

The first one was the twelve foot walls that spread around the circumference of the thicket. He hadn’t needed to take too long.. The whole structure could not be made in one transmutation. But it still had not taken as long as he thought it might. He had traveled across the area, clapping his hands all the while, as he made sure to pack his lunch just in case this took longer than necessary. It really hadn’t. The other soldiers likely had watched him as he made light shows by clapping his hands and bringing them into the soil to construct the walls. Alphonse moved as best as he could and soon enough he had erected the walls from the ground up.

The walls were the twelve foot ones that had been requested. Along with a ditch that Alphonse himself had inspected from above. The ditch had been crafted in front of the wall as well as per the instructions. It was thirty feet deep and twelve feet wide. The ground by the trees had also been elevated up higher. He had needed the proper soil and measurements to raise the tree up so that it didn’t collapse. It was more or less a hill. The walls around the thicket also had stairs with vantage points so for someone with a rifle or other weapon could fire from top of the wall. It had taken time to design and Alphonse had made sure to outdo himself.  

One area down. One big base in the North to go. He thought to himself as he made sure to dust his hands off as he moved back to his living quarters. He had made the ditch and the walls around the circumference of their base. The trees were raised so that their branches and leaves would further conceal the walls from anyone who was using height to overlook the encampment. It was good thinking on Fenris’s part. For now it would cover them well.

Alphonse had just opened himself up a bottle of water when the order to attend came through the comm systems. He had been given a communication device so as to stay in contact with Fenris and whoever else. The name drop of “Tim” had his interest and for one moment he wondered if he was the only Agency member here. The alchemist shook his head and walked off from his living quarters to the drop pod area that was suggested. He vaguely wondered if perhaps there would be some good news.

There wasn’t.

The alchemist was quiet in the corner of the room as Fenris explained about the deaths of the 5 Ultonis who had gone out. Those were five deaths in the beginning of this siege.

Alphonse wondered how many more would die before they succeeded in this plan.

He wondered if he would be a casualty.

“I can do the walls around the canyon. I’ll even try to alter the canyon itself so that it’s blocked completely. No air or anything coming out from wherever this infection might be spreading from. I can blockade it and make it secure but the walls will also help with that.”
He replied as he sat there with his arms crossed. The uniform he wore was still discomforting but he dealt with it all the same.

The request for any questions on their part seemed to give the alchemist some pause as he brought a hand up to stroke his chin softly. As though facial hair like a beard might be there. It gave him a look of wisdom and actual thinking on his part. “How is the food situation going? You mentioned a supply depot nearby that needed to be established. I assumed that involved transports coming in with food supplies for the troops here so that they can be maintained and not starve. Is that still happening or will the troops be dependent with my making of the agriculture area?”

His concerns apparently weren’t with the mission itself. Or even the temple that needed to be destroyed that was causing this corruption but it was with the soldiers under Fenris and Meng’s command. They weren’t his personal troops. They weren’t even Nexxian troops. But they were people all the same and the idea that people would die and starve because of his inability to act fast enough weighed on the alchemist some. Alphonse would stand there and wait to hear this news and if perhaps he needed to speed things along.

“When we do reorganize ourselves then, will we strike from both north and south when Miss Die gets her and her troops organized? Or after I secure their position as well with walls and whatever agriculture areas that they may require so as to build their own food supply while the south grows their own?” He saw the necessity of the Northern troops having their own agriculture area to grow whatever crops they had in mind. If only the South had the crops growing and the food then that would mean that they would need to transport food supplies to the North to get them to starving troops who might not hold out. That seemed unnecessary. Instead they would need to build on the agriculture of the North and get them with food as well so that no one starved and they could be ready to strike when the time came.
ElricBrothers
ElricBrothers
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:05 pm

Their conversation was to be cut short by activity from the wall again, it simply rippled for a moment, then it felt almost as through nearly all of Southern Discordia was ready to tear itself apart, the shaking was rhythmic at first, then devolved into a more normal seismic pattern. If they brought equipment for this kind of thing, they might have time to register that the more organic quaking epicenter was moving in a direct line from the wall to one of the outer camps at an alarming rate; and when it reached it it idled under it for a moment; the rumbling stopping for no more than five seconds before the ground under the camp heaved upwards, gaping holes into the abyss of some great worm's innards opening under them in five spots; the great pink moist bodies rising nearly thirty feet in the air before they curled back around and smashed back into other parts of the camp; the grasping undulating feelers around the mouth flailing for anything to shove into the mouths as its triple eyes started from the hard, bone-like 'face' above the mouth.

The flailing, if it wasn't stopped, would continue until the camp was destroyed and those within it dead or escaped to at least thirty feet from any/all of the holes, otherwise they would continue to lunge and thrash at the camp with their thick ridged forms. Another form of communication by the chaos-beast no doubt, but as usual here it was doing it without words it seemed

Vivi
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:12 pm

The first of the cryogenics caused a worm to shatter as it continued to try to thrash, however another seized the opportunity to slam its face into the cold ground, breaking it apart and opening a sink hoe they began to work to widen. The injured worm's body, now shorter, began to flail more, slamming its substantial girth, or what remained of it, into anything it could. The upper portion that had been shattered off slammed around the camp like a fish out of water while two others began to focus on slamming their hardened faces into the central pod they'd seen the people from from, another dove back underground in a full loop, streaming under the base and attempting to come out from under it and knock it into the air if not properly anchored.

If they attempted the quick-dry cement they'd find it would work...for a moment, the creatures would easily shatter it as their entire purpose e in life was to destroy stone and foundations; to destabilize the ground around those that would bring an army to bear against Him.

Vivi
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:46 pm

The things were quickly blinded, their skin turning and angry red and peeling away in layers, and yet there was no outward sign of stopping or even slowing yet. There was only service to Him and death, and they would do the former until the latter. As for the worm diving underground, it was momentarily slowed by the cement drying on its body, however it seemed to flex and twist its way through quickly enough. Blinded as they were, the worms attacking the central pod could only really continue to do that for the moment; they could feel vibrations, but the Alis where far lighter than the usual heavily armored folks and siege weapons the things were used to.

The rumbling was headed for the central pod as the general mayhem continued - one worm was clearly utterly dead from the cryoshots, another flopping around (it smashed into a tree with its substantial mass), but that still left three of the things destabilizing the earth around them...and under the drop-pod

Vivi
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:01 pm

Plasma, was, of course, a different story, the things extraordinarily tough bone heads began to melt as well, though the worm underground gave one final thrust, smashing itself upwards at the pod and likely upending it and the chunks of earth it was anchored to. What was left of them jolted about violently for several seconds before finally coming to s stop, seeming to slowly melt and dissolve into black goo and black-red mist around them.

Back at the wall, Fenris and the others who were likely already aware of some of the situation would be treated to a terrible sight. The wall, around its entire parameter, came alive and began to writhe, pushing out violently in spots ad the same three eyed faces slammed themselves into what had been a solid stone wall and now seemed only like a stretched membrane with thousands upon thousands of writing worms inside. The membrane settle back down into the near flawless mirror like obsidian surface again after around thirty seconds. Another message, no doubt, but one again not using words.

Vivi
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:08 pm

Fenris heard the news in the middle of the meeting, but was gratified there were no casualties and his troops had managed to survive and weather the onslaught. It gave a bit of hope to the situation and perhaps would raise morale even a bit.

The wall around his HQ transformed and he and the others could see it from the Drop-Pods monitor. "Maybe a wall might not work afterall... Even so we need to hit back and soon... And hard... " perhaps he would have to call in the regular-Alis to ease the burden. He changed the plan. "Were attacking the Temple tonight... If it doesn't work we can erect the walls later, but that might not do us any good... We need to hit it where it hurts and when we do its only gonna get worse before it gets better..."

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:32 pm

Less than an hour later, Fenris had finished making preparations, though he was loathe to do so he had asked for assistance from Konstantine and 5000 Regular Alis troops. Konstantine could come much quicker but the troops would take a few days to mobilize. As he came back he looked at Tim and Alphonse. "I was hoping Nexxian would support me in this endeavor as it is for the governments benefit to do so, but I cannot afford to wait so I have ordered some reinforcements from the Imperium... We are heading over to the Temple, I need all of you to put on survival-suits with life-support filters to avoid corruption. Suit up, were moving within the hour..." he said as he went to make some finishing touches in the command structure.

Last edited by Fenris on Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:53 pm

Fenris could not afford to wait anymore, Vivi had shown much during their short time here. Within the hour after the attack and the "message" Fenris would have procured a bag full of "E.D.D's" or "Experimental Destructive Devices" what he had dubbed as "Void-Bombs" though they might perhaps get another name at some point. These were bigger than what she had planned to Mass-Produce for the Alis as personal-explosives however these were charges and were designed to have a much bigger radius of effect. Fenris would not risk putting them on a timer, though they had that option, instead he would seek to detonate them remotely.

Alphonse might be instrumental in this, but Vivi had shown that the earth was not there friend, and going underground might not be such a good idea. Regardless the Alchemists talents would prove invaluable for this mission. He would have Alphonse put on an Ultonis issued Survival-Suit, and a breathe-filtering mask, as well as a Grav-Harness. It would be a necessity for this mission. They then moved to where they knew the temple was the Grav-Harnesses making traversing the terrain a much shorter trip as every step could cover dozens of meters.

Moving through the night they came upon the Canyon and then could scale their way up. "Tim and Meng stay behind for now while we scout, if we can find a way to do it now, we will. Guard are flank and warn us if we get company..." he told them as he took him and Al along with a group of 3 Ultonis one of which was holding the duffel bag full of charges as they moved towards the temple Fenris and the Ultonis remaining vigilant in their approach. While another 5 remained behind with Tim and Meng turning on their cloaking devices and remaining still.

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by ElricBrothers Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:07 pm

He had been informed that he was to prepare for a mission to somewhere important. It was likely a strategic standpoint for the one known as Vivi and, as such, he was obligated to go and deal with it with whatever force Fenris wanted him to be a part of.

The attire chosen for him was a Celesin one but it was necessary for the terrain. He adjusted the breathing mask and made sure to learn how to use the oxygen tank. The Grav-Harness was an interesting device that he had gotten a crash course in and he had the basics down. The alchemist swung through the air with the group. The mask being adjusted still so that it did not fall off of his face.

The canyon was their stopping point. Tim and Meng were chosen to stay back while he and Fenris, with an escort trio of soldiers, went on ahead to scout. The alchemist only nodded his head and made sure to tug on his glove as he followed along with the soldiers. "Depending on the size, I could bring it crumbling down. I could ruin the foundation perhaps and cause it to collapse. Maybe sink it down. How exactly do you want to go about this?" Alphonse's voice softly spoke as they moved along with the 3 soldiers. His gaze ahead as he pondered on how to bring the temple down when they arrived.
ElricBrothers
ElricBrothers
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:11 pm

"Originally I thought about collapsing it, but that might not be enough if its just sinks down but still exists at a lower point in the land... But I have something similar in mind. Were going to scout it out, and ideally I'm gonna have you open tunnels into the foundations and drop the charges in there, to destroy it from the foundations but also catch the temple itself in the effect radius. It's gonna be ugly and were gonna have to get some distance before we set it off..." he said as they approached.

(Pausing till Vivi has a chance to confirm the situation, or respond.)

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:42 pm

What they couldn't see from where they were would be the sudden shift in the mist; the dipping in the level in the local area like a drain plug had been pulled but momentarily plugged again. This wasn't done to be covert, the slight rattle as a suit of armor walked at a calm but swift pace across the relatively flat canyon wall top gave it away long before it reached the edge and peered down with a tilted head towards the climbers; its dully glowing white eyes piercing the night. It, unlike anyplace else, didn't feel so much out of place here; nothing extraordinary about it by feel in this place; but Fenris should know what the seven feet of walking plate mail represented, although Al's own initial thoughts might be slightly different it would probably take only a moment to register what was staring down at them quietly, patiently, almost seeming to wait for them to finish their climb up to it. And that’s just what it seemed to be doing, arms loose at its side, almost swaying slightly in the winds as it simply looked at them.

Vivi
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:48 pm

Fenris saw the Armoured-Figure. It was Vivi? Had he left his citadel? Was this merely a puppet vessel? It certainly was one of his weaker-incarnations but any incarnation of Vivi could be dangerous. "Al, that thing up ahead is dangerous, I have an idea of what it is, and it could get real ugly. I guess he did have some security here..." he said. "Take the Alis and use your alkahestry to see if you can find the metaphysical and material foundations, if you can find them plant the charges." as he spoke he then threw himself up the canyon with a trickle of power flowing through his form to bring him top side of the canyon and face to face with the armoured figure, already vigilant and preparing to defend himself.

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by ElricBrothers Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:12 am

He had agreed with the plan. It seemed like a sound one. Set off charges at the foundation of the castle and also destroy the temple. A two for one deal in a sense. It would certainly draw the threat out to them and make them leave their own base.

The clanging of the armor up ahead gave the alchemist pause and he looked up to see the figure standing there. His brow furrowed and he pondered on the metals used in the armor and what he might need to break it down. But the order came quick and Alphonse grunted before nodding his head. "You heard him!" He shouted at the Alis with him. His gear activating as he sought to vault over the rest of the hill, and the figure, and get to where they needed to. The three Alis hopefully with him as he moved to land on his knee.

His golden eyes narrowed as he observed the land. The....darkness was thick here. Tainting everything. But he needed to find the main points of darkness within the land. Where it originated. It would likely begin with where the buildings had started. For now, he did his best to sense where the darkness' focus was located. Where it originated and where he would need to dig to find it.
ElricBrothers
ElricBrothers
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:41 pm

It spoke quietly ”He promised us much more than what you offer; we have waited many lifetimes for another war, and you give us not even a score of men to fight? Disappointing. I'll have to let Him know.” it muttered to itself in a human...or something resembling human voice. It was slightly garbled, like what lay under the helm wasn't properly shaped for all the words anymore; either way it was clear it was going to try to take what 'they' wanted, and just as clear in a few moments who 'they' were. Red-black mist flooded the area abruptly; ten feet in depth, sweeping out from the desecrated temple; within it movement started abruptly, disorderly, and as it began to settle and drift down the canyon walls they were far from alone; easily hundreds of....men...in red armor were scattered between them and the temple; their armor red, their heights almost appearing disproportionate to how thin they were even in the armor, but they seemed to be varying degrees of animalistic; some going so far as to merely have sharpened pieces on their armored hands; others clutching war axes and maces easily outweighing the average person; but there was no real consistency beyond that red armor with tattered cloth capes bearing the symbol of a reptilian eye with a sword through it. Fenris might recognize the style, may even understand the implications of there being several people in other styles of armor.

The few in other armor types that exposed skin typically had kinds of growths on them; terrible mutations often covering part or all of their eyes and face; hardened black substance mostly, sometimes with fleshy pulsating and glowing tendrils growing from them; the eyes that were visible were distant, mad; they seemed blind to one another....but not to the outsiders; they charged blindly for them; blade, mace, axe, bare hands, anything laid towards the interlopers as the gold armored figure raised its hands towards the sky and began to mutter to himself. Unfortunately for Al; his leap over the figure would put him sell within a group of these what were once likely men and warriors.

The gold armored figure continued to....well it seemed to be praying, seemingly ignorant to the chaos around him beginning to unfurl unless otherwise acted upon....

Vivi
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:53 pm

"I could say the same thing..." he said to what may or may not have been Vivi as he cracked his neck. "Except I'm not interested in giving you what you want..." he knew a massive force though perhaps necessary would only be playing into this creatures hands. This was a war of attrition, and he was in enemy territory, a large conflict would only feed the beast and expose his men to the tainted atmosphere of the land.

He was pressing a transceiver that would bring back up from Alis not too far from the area within a few minutes. In the meantime his own mist wafted from his form as the soldiers materialized. He recognized the heraldry on their capes as being familiar but did not waste time trying to figure it out yet. Instead the fog which pervaded the area settled into the earth while Fenris had a blade in his left hand.

The team with Alphonse saw they were grossly outnumbered and turned their cloaking-fields on, and seemed to almost fade from view. The harness allowing them to blend in with the back-ground. One them would tell Alphonse how to use his. Their mission was the same, they were not to engage the others if they had too but focus on the task at hand. Three fragments in the ground around them Fenris had a blade in his left hand, a Grosse-Messer that was almost transparent but also black making it appear as something akin to liquid shadow as it started to humm along the blades length. He walked forward slowly but confidently at the "knight" his blade in his left hand as he maintained his vigilance, while his intrinsic-arming settled in the ground around them creating a triangular perimeter.

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by ElricBrothers Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:38 pm

He maneuvers himself so as to leap over the golden armored warrior. The alchemist, amusingly, recollects to when he wore his own armor. Though not strictly for combat, it had proved to be an invaluable resource. Especially against firearms.

The information about activating the cloaking field was of course heard and he made sure to activate it before landing. His form fading from view as he did his best to move along the crowd. His senses activating then as he sought to find the location of the foundation of this temple. The foundation for the corruption to be precise. It was somewhere that he could find. He knew that much. Somewhere in the ground and he would do his best to move towards it if it could be felt.

For now he couldn't engage without giving away his position and finding the location was more important then stopping the armored troops.

ElricBrothers
ElricBrothers
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:07 pm

It wasn't hard to feel that the heart of the sizable temple was likely  where the worst of it dwelled, but to that end something worse was happening; as the knight's praying came to a close he turned towards the temple....and while the initial core did not move, it grew, or more accurately was overwhelmed, as the larger sense moved off of the core from within the temple, unseen until it arrived as the doorway; ten feet of blood red armor; bulky, skeletal wings of iron and unarmed save the sharpened finger tips. As the chaos-tainted soldiers began fighting among themselves; blind to the cloaked warriors; the armor began to wade through them; growing, changing as it did so. It was now twelve feet and turning a golden color in patches; thirteen feet and brilliant start bursts were erupting and elongating behind its back; fourteen and the sense of wrongness emanating from the point was almost overwhelming; fifteen feet and it crushed and armored soldier underfoot as the glow from the faceplate turned from a bright yellow light to a literally blazing yellow fire.

It was approaching nearby Alphonse but not directly at him and still changing; at sixteen feet the star-bursts from the back had turned into a multitude of double edged blades, arranging themselves in circles that turned lazily behind the things back and around its head like some kind of halo; seventeen feet and its legs became double jointed; eighteen and its fingers merged into three elongated ones; feet turning into almost bird-like talons.

Nineteen feet and ruby spikes erupted from the extra knee joint and the back of its elbow; twenty feet and the armor; thick as it were, seemed to almost become semi-translucent; shapes moving under it bathed in white light as it came within arms reach of Alphonse – he being furthest up, and attempted to simply pluck him up with a quick swing of its arm and hand – seeming to pick out his location as readily as one might find a man holding a flare in the dark.

It spoke regardless of its success in this endeavor – the voice coming from the armor itself a jumble of unknown and strange words; but the meaning conveyed easily from the corrupt warriors who; despite their fighting; seemed to speak the words in unison, though it was in a variety of languages the overwhelming majority was in common. This of course created the strange effect of leaving some done talking and some still talking after the others, depending on how verbose the language was

”I'm growing bored of this; it is an insult. I know what your armies are capable of. I have seen it; feasted on it.” The blades at its back shifted; forming a cylinder with hilts at one end and blade tips all pointed at the other. It let a single bolt of burning holy energy outwards, directly at one of the other cloaked soldiers. There was little room for error in that bolt; if it touched the man it would easily vaporize flesh and bone both, as it were if it missed the man it would leave a deep red hot bored out hole in the earth.

”And you,” The voices reacted in anger at the one insider who was not speaking – the man in the armor ”I have given you knowledge, power, and yet you call for me for this?" Its face plate was locked onto the man in the armor, but the blades were still moving, the first one charging up another short it seemed while another two sets moved into place to form similar cylinders.

”I'll deal with you shortly. Fenris?” it inquired. If it had Alphonse it had, for whatever reason, decided not to harm him yet. Truth be told he gathered the man was of some importance from his forward position and it wouldn't be entertaining if he simply destroyed the other's best assets, now would it?

Vivi
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:15 pm

This was an interesting turn of events, Vivi was perhaps out of his citadel, they might not get a chance like this again to strike at it, but orchestrating an air or orbital strike, or getting Ultonis to the Citadel in time to plant charges was not likely in this scenario. He cursed, but would seek to make due with the situation. He actually would rather deal with Vivi and his Priest than a horde of mutated-wraiths.
The fragments in the ground that Fenris had placed at the onset of the conflict were present, and as Vivi formed one of the fragments moved towards it. As Vivi aimed the bolt at the Ultonis the fragment would destabilize the ground beneath the Armour's feet while also raising other parts simultaneously to cause the behemoth to stumble and throw off his aim. He had to trust Alphonse to be able to avoid the beasts grasping hands.

Not wasting any motion, Fenris had coordinated the defense, but if this succeeded Fenris would make a long stride towards Vivi's caught leg and swing the blade expending some essence too accelerate so as to coordinate timing, and increase force of the already empowered weapon. His movement sought to carry him streaking past the Armour and cutting at its knee joint with a full swing as the cycling edge, high-frequency oscillations, and magnetic field around the blade were all factors in penetrative power easily capable of allowing the blade to destroy advanced industrial and military vehicles. This action timed to happen happen as the bolt was expelled from the Chaos-Beast. If it was enacted and nothing hindered him the passing motion would see him move past Vivi gaining a distance with the left over momentum of the approach and continuing after the strikes execution. He would turn to face the creature with his blade held over his head pointing behind him and his frame firmly planted, after having sought to bereave the chaos entity of its leg.

Meanwhile one Ultonis turned in mid-air and fired a tech-shot at the ground just in front of the Priest. If it struck it would create a splash effect of liquid which would be the medium for an ionized charge that would ignite the liquid as well as electrify it creating a burst of plasma within a radius of 5 feet. Another Ultonis turned to face towards the shot that had just been fired, while the other two flanked Alphonse.

If all went as planned and Fenris had time. "It's nice of you to come here Veeves, I've been reconsidering making a deal..." he said his head tilting at the male as he spoke conversationally. Still it was up to Alphonse to find the spots to plant the charges, but still they could always improvise if he could not.

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by ElricBrothers Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:57 pm

He could feel the power emanating from within that temple. It was darkness. Chaotic even. But it would need to be dealt with if they were to succeed.

It meant the foundation for the darkness was also within the temple.

The temple needed to be eliminated.

His nostrils flared and he sought to move ahead towards the structure until he felt the overwhelming presence of the creature emerging from the temple. He was cloaked due to the tech that he wore and yet he couldn't help but feel something off about this particular warrior. It seemed that his presence enhanced all the darkness and made it more like static on the tip of Al's tongue and in his spine.

The master then. This would be an inconvenience.

Alphonse continued to speed forward when the master, even though Al was cloaked, somehow knew he was there and attempted to grab him with a swing of that arm.

He knew how armored individuals worked. He knew size and speed would be a factor.

He had fought Brother enough times to know when to be slippery as an eel.

The alchemist ducked and pushed off the ball of his foot to speed under the swinging arm of the monster Vivi and head forward.

There was nothing in his way now.

With the two Ultonis flanking him, and them bound to have the explosives, Alphonse would bring both palms together for a clap.

His knees bent as he stopped in place before the temple, both palms slammed to the ground. The alchemic energy was bright in its blue electric form. Electricity sparking upward towards the sky and around the epicenter of this transmutation. The ground itself would open up for the trio and take much of the ground before them as well. It went a good ten feet downward and the hole was spread wide enough for all three of them.

The entrance made, Alphonse would hop into his newly created tunnel and get to work on transmuting the rest of the way to go directly under the temple.

The game was on.
ElricBrothers
ElricBrothers
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:18 pm

The creature made no effort to avoid what was happening to it; its foot sunk into a hole...but given it was using something free floating to aim already it didn't impact its aim – the Ultonis was still in definite danger. The best reaction honestly came from Al's dodge, a slight 'hm' sound as he slipped by. As its started to remove its leg from the hole and continue its walking, it was cut off and jerked free – leaving what was left in the slight hole...and reforming from brilliant white tendrils emanating from the severed point so quickly it didn't even need to pause as it took its next step and stopped, one of the targets of interest being behind it now.

The conversational, still near bored tone of the creature continued as Fenris addressed it; still emanating from all present except the priest ”Oh? Lets hear it. If its not good, I'm afraid eradication will be the only option. Can't have your ilk rattling around still if someone more entertaining stops by.” It wasn't stated as a threat – as far as the creature was concerned it was stating fact. Fenris was still, in its eyes, just a plaything.

As for the priest, it paused only briefly as it was addressed, deciding the best course of action was, apparently to do something to please the creature, it moved before it could be destroyed via plasma at an alarming speed – far faster than any human in armor had any right to do. It moved backwards and laid its hand on the back of one of the red warriors for a moment, red-black energy coursing out of its hand and into the warrior that began to convulse. At first, very little elkse appeared to change, although the armor was denting outwards, but finally the armor split open as the chest did, the chest piece clattering uselessly tot he ground as what had once been ribs and chest unfurled behind it like wings, within their slightly curled span two brilliant points of yellow light split open, forming what appeared to be slit like eyes that rotated slightly as the thing howled; focusing on the Ultonis that had attacked the priest. The thing spun into action for lack of a better word – the upper half of its torso twisting unnaturally, gripping the ground with thick terribly black claws that seemed to grow through and around the joints in the finger armor and using the twisting to throw itself in a great leaping bound towards the offender, howling all the way.

If it managed to close the gap, it would attack with attacks, taking advantage of its freakish flexibility to attempt to land multiple hits on the offending Ultonis...further enhanced by the fact that it seemed to be growing weapons from its feet, hands, even its head at one point far longer than its reach should have been only for the blackness (and sometimes a very...meaty redness and a white edge) to retreat back into the armor, as though it was shifting mass around itself at a rapid pace.

As for Alphonse, he'd have...success, at least of the immediate variety. The things calm broke for a moment when the light erupted ”You would bring a follower of the traitor Truth here and neg-” it paused and seemed to consider. It stared silently at Fenris. The tunnel would remain long enough for Alphonse to get comfortable in...and simply slam closed inches behind him the instant he attempted to transmute further forwards and down if he was still headed towards the source – if there were Ultonis with him in the tunnel and there were behind him to any degree....well there probably weren't Ultonis in the tunnel anymore.

Vivi
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:59 pm

The aim was apparently not impacted, and the Ultonis barrel-rolled but its field was skimmed and he was eradicated by the exposure. They were down one. Fenris became irked, as his cut was not effective, but more so that he had lost a man. He narrowed his gaze, and lessened the bindings upon his form further, becoming a reflection of the wild, an aspect of creation independent from the whole and given purpose. His presence sharpening as he let Vivi respond, and used the time to gather his intent.

The Priests mutation saw it carry itself over to the remaining Ultonis, who did not shirk. Taking three arrows out of his quiver and holding them in his draw hand he nocked one and released it in half a second towards the incoming creature, the arrow exploding before it got too far and releasing a pressurized electrified steam filled with small mettalic shards of shrapnel that became electrically charged in addition to red hot. Acting like a shot-gun the effect radius was conical and about 20 feet wide, 20 feet tall, and 100 feet in range, with the spray also encompassing a good amount of that and the electrical charge blitzing through the conductive mediums of the steam and metal. The shards could probably penetrate even industrialized shield, and the molten metal was also highly electrically charged while the electrified steam was also something. The Ultonis dove aside as he fired moving behind Vivi's position trying to stay out of its line of sight, while he glided, and keeping the incoming daemonic mutant at a distance with the other arrow prepared to be released less than a second after the first.

Vivi reformed his severed leg, but if all Fenris could do was "annoy" the beast, then it was time to get downright obnoxious. As it made its second step the earth Vivi stepped on fragmented yet again, before a geyser erupted from the crackling earth, quae-fueram spraying outward as Fenris fed the fragment energy which was looped back upon him as it was used to change its chemical composition to something akin to liquid-nitrogen that sought to saturate the chaos-beast. Fighting the beast really did only so much good, and there were alternatives to direct combat and there were two more fragments in the ground.

Vivi may have not considered Fenris a threat, but he would have bestowed some protection upon Alphonse and the two remaining Ultonis. The Quae-Fueram in the ground sensed the influence move upon the earth, and sought to dive through independent of the earth and encompass the small group as they went underground reinforcing their position with an unyielding layer that would expand upward as the bottom moved up bringing them out of the earth near the temple. Fenris was afraid that might happen, or that Vivi would collapse the tunnels. Now it was time to improvise.

The way they came up left Fenris between them and Vivi, with the other Ultonis meeting them on his evasive-maneuvers perhaps still being chased by the mutant, though the Ultonis and Al had somehow lost the charges in their journey back to the surface. There were several Striders and Hunters on their way, specefic roles of the Ultonis. "Guess you're smarter than you look." he said keeping his blade before him as the great beast towered, but the presence Fenris was giving off was eminating strongly, causing the area around him to appear distorted and dimmer, with his eyes shining like golden fire gazing at the beast. There were still two fragments in the ground... "Retreat...We can't win here... I'll hold him off." as he spoke he remained vigilant ready to protect Al and the other Ultonis.

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by ElricBrothers Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:55 pm

The alchemist had heard the name shouted by the figure and had paused for only a brief moment. Truth. “God” may have been a proper term if he was a religious man. Still there would be a conversation about that being if this Vivi ever were to stand down and be civilized.

He had landed in the tunnel and was ready to move, thinking that the explosives may have been with one of the Celesin soldiers, but complications once more arose as the ground sought to block them off from the rest.

Alphonse wasn’t sure about the presence he felt. He wasn’t sure how powerful any of these people were. The ground shuddered and they were pushed upward through the ground to be beside the Primoris. His brow furrowed and he eyed the one known as Vivi. The area shimmered under the power that Fenris of Olfwood possessed. Vivi’s power also seemed to have influence in the area.

We’ll come up with something else. Al thought before he turned to move with the two Ultonis. The gear activating as Alphonse sought to throw him a great distance to go back over that hill and descend to where the group had started. They needed to retreat back to the base.

ElricBrothers
ElricBrothers
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:02 pm

The mutated horror did not flinch – but by now the Ultonis should be expecting that, it even began to weave the holes in itself back together as it continued its mad pursuit. This was as close as a once mortal creature got to being remade in the image of the chaos-born, the hive angel that represented Vivi's true military might. Not some utility creature like the worms either – these things were tough and not entirely unlike their commander in their resilience and 'healing' abilities, though truth be told it was just spreading what material was left back out. It made another twisting leap towards the man as Vivi raised its hand.

Unless the man was very observant and had very good instincts, he probably would be caught off guard by what happened next – it seemed even the beast nearly was. Vivi flicked its wrist to the side and the airborne creature's direction and speed changed drastically, from an arching leap and one would expect to being propelled directly towards the Ultonis. Damaged though it may be, if it managed to get its claws into the Ultonis no one was coming out in better shape.

Then of course its foot hit ground and froze in place. It paused and tilted its head. Fine, if it wanted to play with the earth play it would, its left and right hand began to move in circles, energy drawing itself around them into rotating runes as both arms began to split into four – not unlike how Azul Baizare's four arms used to weave together powerful magics – but this was far different – Azul had been a creature born of this world channeling magics from beyond it forcibly through the veil. The veil was here, but worn, thin, and ready for a creature from beyond it to push its presence – his presence in this case – through. Its already brilliant eyes began to burn brighter and brighter as its hands spun glowing brilliant runes from nothing, turning around lazily as the hands turned quicker and quicker. From nothing at all tendrils of black and of beautiful colors unknown at the same time pushed forwards, seeming to ignore the armor as they pushed into each arm, filling the armor with empty nothingness. Vertigo might undertake the mortals and those of this world in the area – that sense of not belonging may intensify – and looking at the chaos-corrupt around them might reveal towering burning things – a bit of human occasionally flickering through but too brief to be sure as the things writhed. And the armor – well that was both there and not – filling it, reaching from a place that seemed to be the temple and to the temple at the same time was a thick, long tendril that branched off and seemed to fill the shape of the armor. It was from this origin that something reached, like a blunt tendril at first but turning into a three fingered giant claw as it neared almost as fast as the eye could see for those sensitive enough to seven see the thing that both was and was not there. It reached for an Ultonis near Alphone and sought to simply snatch it up and take it back to wherever the thing originated with alarming speed. Unless, of course, someone were to intervene by engaging the war-beast it was going to continue to use the area to its advantage as Ferris had. Boring, maybe, but two could play at that.

Vivi
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:46 pm

The first arrow did not stop the beast, but the second was released just after the fact, this one releasing a sonic pulse, along with an extremely bright flash, timed on target to strike as the creature charged forward though the sudden acceleration might move it past the attack, the other Ultonis were not idle and covering their comrade another arrow was released from the creatures right side at its head, a liquid-nitrogen shot that if it penetrated would release its chemical pay-load directly into the creatures skull with considerable pressure in addition to the cryogenic effect. The other Ultonis unable to react and temporarily vulnerable despite being on "over-watch" during the course of the cover-fire, but if it managed to delay the creature and buy time he would release the remaining arrow point-blank into the creatures stomach, another frag-shot only at close range it would be much more powerful, and all of its power would be released upon the creature as opposed to spread out, as the Ultonis glided to follow his companions but remained facing the battle, moving backwards in long gravity-defying leaps, they would soon be out of the battle-zone but if the tendril attacked them they were still airbourne and this also brought them time.

The quae-fueram which had saved Al and company was also still near them and would seek to entangle itself with the tendril as well. However Fenris was still playing it deceptive and yes, boring, he was not going to give Vivi what it wanted if he could help it, but he had to admit it was frustrating fighting a creature that fed on conflict, something Fenris had dedicated years of practice to honing his skill at. He had to remain calm and level-headed. and see the "truth" of this creatures vulnerabilities. The "package" Alphonse had been carrying had not been abandoned, instead it was being spirited directly under the temple coated in the protection of Fenris' essence as the "detonator" remained in his right hand, and his blade in his left hand. Just seemingly to piss Vivi off further he tapped the ground gently with the tip of his blade, focusing the power he had gathered in his previous action into an oscillation that would traverse the medium of the earth to weaken the ground Vivi was semi-caught in and causing it to collapse under its own and the chaos beasts weight, hopefully burying Vivi in a ton or two of sundered earth creating a pitfall. "Call in an air-strike on the Palace, I'm sick of this shit." Fenris spoke to the Ultonis on their comm-channel.

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum